Bonnet opening lever | FerrariChat

Bonnet opening lever

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Tojo, Jan 8, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tojo

Tojo Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2002
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Hi all, I'm trying to set up new bonnet opening cables. The car didn't have any when I got it, so my quick question is, roughly how many inches or cms of travel do you pull your bonnet opening lever before the latches release and the bonnet opens up? I have nothing to reference against so that little piece of information will hopefully help me get the adjustments right. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G935F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    Approx 10cm of cables.

Do not forget the additional 2 emergency release cables (one in the left next to the lever, one in the glovebox).

Tojo likes this.
  3. Tojo

Tojo Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2002
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Thanks for the info. I definitely haven't forgotten about the 2 emergency cables. I bought a complete set of cables from Maranello UK. Just having the fun of trying to make them all work together smoothly

4. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    The actual movement of the cable to release the latches is far less than 10 cm. I would say only about 1 cm, 2 max. The latches are spring loaded and only need the lever to move a small amount to get them to "pop". I have worked on them quite a bit and replaced the solenoid some years ago. One way I test the cables before closing the hood is to use the shank of a mid sized screwdriver to push the latch to the locked position. You then can test the cables, manual or solenoid. If correctly adjusted and lubricated, the screw driver jumps up when cable is pulled.
    Ken

Tojo likes this.
  5. Tojo

Tojo Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2002
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Thanks Ken, good to know. Mine is a GT so no solenoid to deal with, I'll set my lever to pull that far then fit the other cables to suit. Cheers