Book on '60s Ford GT40 (in case you want to bone up for the Nov. 15th movie) | FerrariChat

Book on '60s Ford GT40 (in case you want to bone up for the Nov. 15th movie)

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by bitzman, Aug 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Is the GT40 British or American? Ah, won't get into that right now, maybe that's what the whole movie is about. I speak of the $100 million dollar feature starting Matt Damon as Shelby and Christian Bale as Miles that is due to hit the screens Nov. 15th. Now they may very well have their own book timed to come out with the film.
    And maybe not. (They had Go Like Hell, by AM Baime but sold it off before starting their film)
    A friend of mine stockpiled some mint copies of the '84 edition of the Pritchard book and I'm passing on the info in case you want to check it out. Description here from Amazon.com

Ford Vs Ferrari, the Battle for Le Mans Hardcover – 1984

by Anthony Pritchard (Author)

(his ad copy)

"A journalist friend of mine got together with Anthony Pritchard, and got the rights to reprint this significant book, about what is referred to as the Golden Age of racing. BUT, the original small book was finished and printed when Ford left its' official direct international racing effort in 1967, but, Ford GTs again won LeMans in 1968, and 1969. (Gulf, Wyer racing effort) So, my journalist friend got chapters from Mr Pritchard from a subsequent book, covering those years to make a more complete book about the Ford GT racing program. The original book, and those chapters were combined, with applicable photos to create this book in 1984. I later purchased all his remaining copies of the book, in sealed cases from the publisher in Japan."

I forgot what he's charging but it's under $40. He can be reached at [email protected]

Product details

· Hardcover

· Publisher: Zuma; Revised Edition edition (1984)

· ASIN: B000J3LQEW

· Package Dimensions: 9.1 x 6.6 x 1.1 inches

· Shipping Weight: 1.6 pounds

· Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #381,313 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)

o #261 in Automotive History (Books)

Image Unavailable, Please Login