Bosch Part #'s for TR sensors....? | FerrariChat

Bosch Part #'s for TR sensors....?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by carguy, Mar 27, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I would like to replace all of the sensors at the water-gooseneck on my Testarossa. There is the Thermo-Time switch, a "thermistor", and a couple of other temp-type sensors. I have the Ferrari part numbers in the manual...but our local Auto-Zone says they can get any Bosch part if I have the number.

I would be greatly appreciative if anyone would mind sharing this information. Thank You in advance....Sincerely; Jeff

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    #2 Steve Magnusson, Mar 27, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Jeff -- the attached .pdf file (previously posted by someone else who I can't recall to thank) has the Bosch numbers for the thermo-time switch (0 280 130 219) and the 2-channel coolant NTC thermister (0 280 130 032). I've never come across a manf or manf PN for the thermal SPST cold-hot switch used on the LH side of the casting.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Thank You Steve....that helps a lot! I understand the function of the thermo-time switch. But what do the other sensors do? It seems like Bosch could have simplified this system quite a bit...so many little things that can go wrong....hard to track down intermittent issues....etc.

4. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    No argument from me that it seems a complex and troublesome arrangement -- having one K or KE system is bad enough, but when you've got 2 the probability for trouble gets high ;)

Couple of points:

1. That list is marked as for the F113B engine family which I thought was KE-Jetronic without Lambda, and the list has the "vacuum limiter", which I think is called the "By-pass valve" in the incorrect US-version OM fuel injection system illustration, and which is not used on the "KE with Lambda" systems. However, it also lists the "Lambda regulator probe" (the O2 sensor) so that confuses me. Anyway, my point is that documents like this have a way of accumulating errors (like it was made from the US KE list and they added the right things for the KE without Lambda system, but forgot to delete some things) so IME you've got to blend information from as many TR sources as possible (WSM, OM, wiring diagram, diagnosis sheets, etc.).

2. Some of the names may be changed in ways that can add confusion -- e.g., I believe the "Pressure sensor" on that list is called and described as the "Barometric capsule" in the OM (although my first thought was "fuel pressure?" rather than "atmospheric pressure" -- and I knew/know there is no direct fuel pressure sensor).

If you've got a specific question, I'll give it a shot, but try comparing the components on the list to the components described in the fuel injection system of the TR OM first.