Bought a 2005 Maserati 4200 Coupe | FerrariChat

Bought a 2005 Maserati 4200 Coupe

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by 88MONDIAL, Mar 9, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 88MONDIAL

88MONDIAL Formula 3

Apr 13, 2005
    Racine, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Jim Smith
    Just thought I'd share my new purchase - It's a beautiful car that unfortunately I won't be able to enjoy since it's still winter here (WI) for a while. 37k miles and nicely maintained and looked after. Anyone here have/had one? Wonder what your thoughts are of it. Only 2 pictures I have.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

johnei, Shamrock, MK1044 and 3 others like this.
  2. tstuli

tstuli Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2018
    NC
    I have had my 06 gransport for a few years now. Solid car and lots of fun. Enjoy !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Geflackt

Geflackt Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2015
    Eastern PA.
    Shamrock, Oishi and Nembo1777 like this.
  4. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Probably one of the Best Buys going right now.

‘GranSport Spyder - 473 built
    1 of 4 in Verde Goodwood.

Attached Files:

Shamrock, Oishi and Texas Forever like this.
  5. cshapard

cshapard Rookie
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

I’ve had a 2005 CC for about a year. I’ve kept it stock and have not done the Formula Dynamics upgrade which would help a bit with shift times, but as is I love the car and am convinced that these are the best deal in any car market. About to do a clutch replacement which I’m looking forward to for a project and excited to see how it performs like new. Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Oishi and Texas Forever like this.
  6. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    I agree, they are very inexpensive cars to buy. You can get a good one for Toyota or Honda econobox car prices. I have an early GT 6 speed Spyder wich are getting harder to find but there are plenty of nice Gransport CC's and 4200 CC's on the market. Formula Dynamics spring and exhaust upgrades are a must for the early cars.

Oishi and Texas Forever like this.
  7. Geflackt

Geflackt Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2015
    Eastern PA.
    I have the FD DBW, springs, wheels, and Fabspeed 2nd cat deletes. Such an improvement over other GS's and 4200's I've driven and worked on. The DBW really sharpens the throttle response, plus the improved clutch engagement. I'm monitoring the F1 system and notice about 1% per 1k miles. Car has 38k on its 2nd clutch(installed at 12k miles) with around 65% remaining. I highly recommend at least the DBW if nothing else. Should also be an improvement on 3-pedal cars, too.

8. 88MONDIAL

88MONDIAL Formula 3

Apr 13, 2005
    Racine, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Jim Smith
    Thanks for posting and the great pictures and good to hear all the positive replies! Yes, they truly are a true bargain especially in this environment. For those with the FD DBW upgrade - How easy was the install to do? I may just do the X-Pipe later this year to hopefully open up the sound a little more.

9. Geflackt

Geflackt Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2015
    Eastern PA.
    DBW install is fairly easy. Mostly cutting and soldering a few wires in the right-side footwell. FD has good instructions. Just make sure the wires into the connectors are tight - the wires in the kit seem a bit short, so some bends can be tight. Not sure if they've colorized the wiring yet, but mine are all black. At least they're labeled!

10. 88MONDIAL

88MONDIAL Formula 3

Apr 13, 2005
    Racine, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Jim Smith
    That's good to know, thanks for the input! I'm getting some Tubi's for it for now, I found someone selling them. If I do anything else, it will be the DBW upgrade later this year.

11. CETH

CETH Karting

Nov 3, 2015
    Poland/France
    Congrats. Gorgeous car. Had a Gransport for 3 years and 50,000 kms w/o a problem. Still regret selling it…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. allandwf

allandwf Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2011
    Scotland UK
    Lovely looking car, enjoy. I've owned it's predecessor a 3200 Assetto Corsa for 9 years now. ( Although sold for one of them and bought back lol.)

13. 88MONDIAL

88MONDIAL Formula 3

Apr 13, 2005
    Racine, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Jim Smith
    Thanks guys, good to hear!

14. FerrariFinally

FerrariFinally Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2018
    Roseville, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Great, great and fun car to have/enjoy. One of my favorites. Had an 06 Coupe CC w/vintage pkg, and GS wheels, Argento luna/navy blue...super classy, drove it 30k miles over 5 years or so.

Currently have an 06 GS Coupe, maybe 1 of 3 coupe in 90th anniversaire blu (remember, the 90th blu was made for 05 GS Spyder exclusovely)...owned for 5 years now Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. 88MONDIAL

88MONDIAL Formula 3

Apr 13, 2005
    Racine, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Jim Smith
    Beautiful Car!! Glad to hear your experiences with them. I put a Tubi on and it's SO much more enjoyable now. The smooth howl is fantastic!

16. FerrariFinally

Nov 11, 2018
    Roseville, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Thank you and agreed, Maseratis sound super nice especially with some kind of exhaust...I have the fabspeed midpipes and mucho pleasant noises!

17. FerrariFinally

Nov 11, 2018
    Roseville, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    While i can tell all of you appreciate a soulful Trident automobile that sings and talks to your soul, may I suggest picking up an 05-07 quattroporte duoselect.

One of the best sedans I have ever owned and drives amazing...still one of my favorite cars to get into after 80k+ miles and 14+ years of ownership.

And right now, one of the best bargains in town with prices super low!

CETH likes this.