BOXER SPEEDOMETER | FerrariChat

BOXER SPEEDOMETER

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by msdesignltd, Mar 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Never saw anything so ridiculous...on my 84 512 bbi there is an overlay over the speedo dial and under the needle itself,looks like a photo quality photocopy of the american mile per hour as opposed to kilometers... it is curling up at the edges and was hand cut and glued on top of the original faceplate....what gives ..who else has kept there kilometer meter and ?
    Michael

2. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Are you in the USA? (please update your profile, as it can be helpful to know where you are, and such). As you are aware, boxers were not imported directly by Ferrari, so they were all "Euro" spec and converted in the USA. Some did better jobs than others. Sounds like you got the overlay. If that is the case, then the odometer probably still reads in kilometers too. It might look best to send it out and have it restored to just reading kilometers per hour only, the way it was originally intended. There are many speedo shops the specialize in this work. One is http://www.paspeedo.com/ Or, you could have them properly silk screen the mph calibration in lower case, like they do for KPH on current production cars.

Regards,
    Dave

3. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    My 82 BB512i has a MPH speedo, but it looks stock. The UK spec cars as well as cars destined to other countries that use MPH rather than KPH should have came with MPH speedos from the factory. What spec is your car ? You may be able to replace yours with one of those. Or, have a speedo repair company redo the one now in your car.

4. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Little Slow Here! how do I update my profile in the area top right of my post