Bradan 456 resonator delete pipes | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Bradan 456 resonator delete pipes

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by BRADAN, Feb 10, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    Does installing these throw any type of code or check engine lamp or create any type of issue ?
    Is this really just a direct swap out ?

Because, if so I would love to look into obtaining a set for my 456M !

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    No, nothing connects to them except other pieces of pipe, so they create no problems, just a different sound and a few more hp.

3. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    I just inquired via Fabio’s website. I see that he sells the muffler delete (below) and I will see if he can ship me a set of these.....but I do not see the straight pipes for the 456 (?)

Does anybody still sell them ?

I would like to fit them both at the same time if you recommend it. I really want this thing louder.

Thanks Taz

Image Unavailable, Please Login

F456M likes this.
  4. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    The 456M center pipes are very simple and any good exhaust shop could make a set for you out of stainless pipe.

5. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Hi Jeff. I would do X-pipe and those rear muffler delete pipes. I had that setup on my own 456M and it was in my opinion really good. I also tested separate mid pipes and in my opinion the sound was terrible. Sounded like two old Mercedes inline-6 engines. But with the X-the sound was fantastic. The 456M has a different firing order than most V-12s of the era. Might have something to do with that. This is a very cheap and good mod! Post the results when you get your new exhaust on. :)

6. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    I thought that and then I read this from Braden about the construction on the 456M specific Resonator delete:

“The hard part about the slip fit style was standard sized piping fitting into metric OEM Ferrari pipe. The expanded end of the pipe was simple but we did toss a few on each batch by expanding to much. The other end is hard to see even in person but it's 1-2 thousandths of an inch smaller then the pipes original diameter. Originally we had to hammer the 2.25" inch pipe into place and use a torch to get it out. We figured most owners would not want to deal with this forced fitment.

We had to buy tooling to reduce the pipe in our eaton leonard end forming machine. As you can imagine it takes a tremendous amount of force to do so. Another issue was stainless has "memory" so it wants to bounce back into shape. It looks simple but was not that easy.”

i see “fab speed” sells one for $1,200 !!!

7. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    Thanks for the input !

Where did you get the X pipe ?

8. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I bought it for 3-400 dollar from Stebro in Canada. It was actually a one foot long oval pipe that was easy to install. 1.200 dollar for two pipes is way too much in my opinion. Any exhaust shop can make similar for a small amount of money when they takes measures of your old center part. Stebro is not in business anymore, but I believe some company bought their tolking etc. Just seach ob eBay. Good luck!

9. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Erik- The 456M is still two 6 cylinders on the same crank and the firing order did not change that. They still fire at the same intervals on each bank.

10. F456 V12

F456 V12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2004
    Coto de Caza
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I'm not opposed to someone making a buck, that said when I owned my 456GT, had a local exhaust shop cut the center resonator off and install a stainless x-pipe, which they made, for about $250 total, all be it in 2003 Took them about 30 minutes, no codes and a decent improvement in sound.

MB

F456M likes this.
  11. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    Very cool, Fabio just turned around a very reasonable quote !

I think I am going with his H pipe and his muffler deletes. I want the car louder and meaner and I hope it sounds cool. Below are the bits.

Also, there was a strong argument made for using an “X” pipe over 2 straight pipes.
    Fabio does an H pipe (below) with cross flow, which I hope is better than 2 straight pipes.

I imagine Fabio knows what is best but I wonder why he does not elect to do an X pipe IF that was really what would be ideal.

Does anybody have a clip with an H pipe and Muffler deletes ?

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

brogenville likes this.
  12. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Jeff- X-pipes cost both hp and torque compared to straight pipes, which is why the factory went to straight pipes in October 2003. Some owners prefer the sound of an X-Pipe to straight pipes, and the hp loss is not much and still better than the resonator/cork. Fabio's H pipe is a good compromise between the two.

308 GTB likes this.
  13. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
  14. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    Jeff,

The double H-pipes and muffler delete will be real loud. Prepare yourself!

Barry

F456M likes this.
  15. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    One of my other cars has an LS based 434CID (4.155/4.0) with 32” length primary headers, a .720 lift cam and rattles the windows with a stock C5 Z06 cat-back. I am totally prepared for an increase in sound from my 456.

My neighbor has a green McLaren of some sort with a V12. It is loud and my V12 sounds like a vacuum cleaner by comparison.

F456M likes this.
  16. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Go get 'em. Jeff!! My wife has cast a cocked eye at me over just the Bradan straight pipes. Adding Fabio's muffler deletes would not sell here.

17. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    Will do. I will get up some sound clips too. Sounds like it may be a bit before they get here with everything going down these days. Craftsmanship looks fabulous.

18. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    You've seen pictures of his 6-1 headers? Artwork!! I can't imagine you won't be thrilled with the workmanship.

19. hwyman

hwyman Formula Junior

Jun 25, 2015
    Canada / Los Angeles
    I have the Tubi muffler delete tips and the fabspeed X-pipe on my 2001 550 and it sounds fairly mild. ( I have a muffler delete and secondary cat deletes on my Murci and sounds just right) Does anyone have cat deletes, X pipe and muffler delete on a 550? All the straight pipe 550's Ive heard on the internet sound raspy and ****ty.

20. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    Cool, that actually makes me feel confident the “noise” will be manageable.
    Those Cats upstream must really take a bite out of the sound with the X and just Tips.
    Good to hear.

21. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    I had Novitec Super Sport unvalved mufflers on my 575M with factory straight pipes and all 6 catalysts working. The things had 90 mm tailpipes and you could look through the muffler on the normally valved side. It was loud enough to wake the dead. Only kept it until I got a good deal on SA HGTC mufflers. The 550 owner who bought the mufflers loved them. Folks from a couple of blocks away said they had heard it when I started her.

22. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I know the feeling. It is no less than embarrasing!

23. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Decibel, noise, sound quality are theee totally different things, but all equally important to take into considderation for the best experience of driving these cars. Louder is not better. Some cars are loud and some not. Resonace/drone can also occure even if the car is not loud. But generelt speaking, a less loud car is less likely to have drone.

24. MaurizioAM

MaurizioAM Karting

Sep 5, 2018
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Maurizio
    I'm looking forward to hearing the sound clips once you get the system installed @Mirek

I just got my 456 so I need to let some time pass before I tell the wife I'm spending more.

25. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Strategy, my friend. It is all strategy! HRE Wheels and Bradan straight pipes are 3 years downstream from my initial purchase. I understand the game!!

MaurizioAM and F456M like this.