Brake Problem | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Brake Problem

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ignaciotero, Mar 20, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SL%%

SL%% Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2008
    imho, that's still dangerous, i believe the brakes should be more alert and available specially on high speeds. the higher the speeds, the more the brakes should perform and not the other way around.

2. KINGMONKEY

KINGMONKEY Formula 3

Aug 16, 2008
    San Diego / Roma
    Full Name:
    J K
    I know I don't think it should act like that either and it's very dangerous.Its hard to repeat it on a test drive with service and when they check they say everything is in check .it definetly happens at the wrong time when it does do it.

3. shanev

shanev Rookie

May 31, 2014
    no offense but this is bloody joke for top end car !!

4. Dave McLellan

Dave McLellan Rookie

Nov 28, 2015
    The common thread to the brake problems described in this Forum is the failure of the brake booster valve to maintain vacuum. The result is a hard pedal and a car that doesn't want to stop.

As a trained automotive engineer I have been retained as the expert in a Ferrari 458 accident case that appears to have resulted from this same symptom, a hard pedal and a car that wouldn't stop. The accident was of sufficient magnitude to deploy airbags.

Can any of you who've experienced this problem tell me about the problem in detail and how you resolved it? You can reply to [email protected]

5. 458LOVE

458LOVE Rookie

Jan 29, 2020
    458 brakes, 11k miles, dealer certified car. Brakes kind feel hard. I have a friend who has a 2011 and he hates his brakes he said and just told me they feel squishy. Is there anything I need to know with these carbon cermaic brakes or anything I should check?

6. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Brakes on the 458 should feel amazing. I had a 2013 and the car stopped like nobody's business. I would check to make sure your booster hasn't failed.

How much pad life is left and also can you post some photos showing the appearance of the rotors perhaps?

How many owners before you? Has the car ever been tracked that you know of?

"Dealer certified" usually doesn't mean a heck of a lot in my experience.

Ray