Brand new, waiting for a buyer | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Brand new, waiting for a buyer

Discussion in '206/246' started by flaviaman, Jul 21, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    No. The Dino that is pictured that started this thread.

2. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Well, the Dino Register lists 07942 (1974 prod date) as originally being white (but apparently repainted to Pino Verde in 2004), and having been in California since new (as of 1982), and then it went to the East Coast. The Dino in the photos that started the thread is white, but it was in Seattle at Grand Prix Motors sometime in 1974-76, and the photos were taken no later than 1976 when Grand Prix Motors moved up from Lake Washington to the corner of 12th Avenue and East Union in Seattle. I know the Dino Register has several mistakes, but I doubt that the car in the photos is 07942 - in fact, I think I might have seen it at an FCA Concours in the Seattle area within the last 2 years. I need to check some old photos that I have.

3. vrooom

vrooom Formula Junior

Jan 29, 2007
    mark, mike had the dino painted yellow when he owned , he also put "truck " license plates on it which allowed him to park it in delivery zones downtown ! dz

4. vrooom

vrooom Formula Junior

Jan 29, 2007
    #29 vrooom, Oct 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    here is a newspaper story from the early 80's about the ferraris with truck plates. (hope it is legible ) . dz
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Well, there you go!

6. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    My theory is a little bit simpler.

Grand Prix Motors delivered more Dino's than I would have thought in 1974. There was only one white GTS delivered during the summer of 74. It was 07942.

:)

7. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Well that's interesting. Thanks for putting a bee in my bonnet. I'll try to verify your theory, if I can.

8. davebuchner

davebuchner Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Dave Buchner
    Wow - looking at this thread from 2009, talking about events from 35 years prior and everyone knows everyone else's car!! Surprised you didn't all start quoting chassis numbers!

PS no critique - this is what I love about FChat and why my long-suffering wife doesn't understand about us car guys��

9. flaviaman

flaviaman Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2005
    Vernonia, OR
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I just stumbled across this thread after so many years...I believe the white (Bianco Polo Park?) 246 was leased to an airline charter company and driven by a couple named Eisenberg. Like many Dino’s of the era it was a “daily driver” and pretty well trashed by the late 70’s, I had a chance to purchase it for $6,500 and I thought that was too much!

It was a late car and was delivered with Goodyear G800’s from the factory which I always thought was a bit unusual. I believe it had blue leather but could be mistaken...regardless I alway thought it was most attractive.

Mark, I remember the truck plates on Mogelgaard’s 246. I also remember him bringing in his 328 fitted with cable chains one snowy morning!

10. Peter Serroukas

Mar 9, 2018
    Pleasant Valley NY
    Full Name:
    Peter Serroukas
    Hello from Pleasant Valley NY, it’s very nice to be able to chat with other Ferrari owners to help me understand my car. Great being with you all. Here is my new arrival coming off the trailer.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Baiao

Baiao Rookie

Feb 4, 2018
    DALLAS,TX
    Full Name:
    GEORGE IRIZARRY
    very very bellisimo !!

12. vrooom

vrooom Formula Junior

Jan 29, 2007
    greg, glad you are still around ! i have great memories of the "old days " when ferrari sightings in seattle area were few and far between . still have the dino and alfa . do you ever have any contact with sidney ? hope things are well with you ! dz