Brentwood Ferrari? | FerrariChat

Brentwood Ferrari?

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by ferrariman1492, Nov 29, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrariman1492

ferrariman1492 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Does Brentwood Ferrari still exist in St Louis?

Many, many years ago when it was still on Brentwood (where the Galleria is now) my parents were buying a Volvo there.....it was the late 1970s. I was about 7 at the time and went with them to pick up their Volvo and there was a red 308 on the showroom floor, surrounded by velvet ropes. It was the most exotic thing I'd ever seen and ever since then I have coveted a 308.

I finally bought one about 2 weeks ago, and it's largely because my "addiction" started as a little kid at Brentwood Ferrari.

Just wondering if they're still around.

2. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Brentwood is still a Volvo store but have not had the Ferrari franchise for a long time.

Jeff

3. The355Guy

The355Guy Rookie

Oct 26, 2005
    Saint Louis
    Full Name:
    Matt
    They had Ferrari from about 1981 until 1996.

4. The355Guy

The355Guy Rookie

Oct 26, 2005
    Saint Louis
    Full Name:
    Matt
    They are still the "go to" store for Volvo people. One few locally owned and operated stores where the owner is actually there every day. I think some of the parts/service people have been there close to 40 years. They also have a Toyota store in South County. John Weiss Loved having the Ferrari franchise and is still passionate about the brand.

5. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    does he still have a Ferrari (or more)?

story was when he had the franchise, he ordered two new cars a year....one for himself, one for a friend.

when Ferrari/FNA decided to go for growth, all the dealers with that philosophy lost their franchise.

I remember as a kid seeing 3x8s, TRs, etc in both the Brentwood Blvd and Manchester Rd stores. part of what fueled my enthusiasm for cars and Ferrari over the years.

6. The355Guy

The355Guy Rookie

Oct 26, 2005
    Saint Louis
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Sorry for the delay in replying. When he had the franchise they did not order 2 cars a year. They took as many as Ferrari would give them, which wasn't a lot, maybe 20 NEW cars a year max. Keep in mind that while they didn't get all that many new ones to sell, they did a very strong pre-owned Ferrari/Other exotic high end business not to mention the parts and service.

These were the days of everything being Pre-sold for the few cars that did come into town. Back in '87-'90 I think going rate on a new Testarossa was around $130,000 MSRP and people would fight to pay $75,000 over that. Those were different times.

People generally dont realize just how many Ferraris are in the St.Louis metro area. A LOT more then are seen. There are some very special cars and collections in town that are virtually unknown. St.Louis has a lot of Ferrari treasures that unfortunately stay locked away.

No, John does not have a Ferrari. New Avalon is actually a great looking car.