BRM V16 brought back to life | FerrariChat

BRM V16 brought back to life

Discussion in 'F1' started by Bas, Jan 20, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    absostone, 375+ and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  2. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    375+ and Bas like this.
  3. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I saw Nick Mason's at Goodwood several years ago. great sound... All I know is that they have horrible running issues - which I think was from the magnetos ? so i think that is what they were referencing about improving in the video.

Bas likes this.
  4. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    You mean Hall & Hall !

They recreated several F1s before, even pre-war Auto-Unions.

5. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    going to see Hall & Hall's workshop is like entering a racing car toy store.... its unbelievable what you can see there.

jgonzalesm6 and william like this.
  6. cmos

cmos Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Johny English
    Being somewhat older sometimes has its advantages! I have been fortunate enough in my life to actually see BRM racing, along with Graham Hill, and so many others (even outside of F1 - Barry Sheen, Kenny Roberts, Mike Hailwood). Only now when I look back do I realize how lucky I have been to experience such opportunities, and how the sport has progressed/regressed! Some things are so beautiful in their simplicity (see RPM gauge), and yet also so beautiful in their modern day complexity.
    "Shakes head and back to reality!!!"

Nembo1777, Bas and william like this.
  7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Never seen/heard a BRM run in anger yet, but I do distinctly remember when it was possible on windows XP to change the start up and shut down jingles, I downloaded the audio file of a Ferrari 412T1 for the start up and the BRM V16 going through the gears for shut down. It was actually these 2 files (though cut a tad as it was too long):

1994 Scuderia Ferrari F1 V12 - YouTube

BRM V16 Engine Sound - YouTube

Nembo1777 and ingegnere like this.