Brunei Ferraris | Page 11 | FerrariChat

Brunei Ferraris

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by jmiles360, Dec 9, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #251 SefacHotRodder, Feb 15, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Do you know where the car is located?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Citronella

Citronella Karting

Jul 15, 2006
    Silverstone
    Full Name:
    Citron Ella
    Wow, having worked under the Brunei workshop roofs its soo interesting to see alotta pics and stories of the cars that ive had my hands on, but have to point out that some posts are well from the truth but then most stories from brunei did become very disjointed and blown out of proportion, its hard not to blow things beyond the truth as anyone who seen the collection after a weekend trip would lose sight as its soo incredible, ive posted alot of brunei stories under the Sultan of Brunei's collection of cars thread started by someone else..its under car,planes and boat group for anyone who's interested, The F90 is indeed based on testarossa running gear, fun to drive as you really are sitting on your ass in this bespoke, not to mention getting into the thing, they were'nt used much but i did drive one to a certain palace location, Produced by Pininfarina who in my opinion did the best bespoke brunei work, they also had a small support crew in brunei compared to Roll Royce huge support crew of 20 plus mechanics, each manufacturerer provide its own support but pininfarina did pretty much all the support of cars adorning its small badge. The F50 model you see was actually just a shell mock up named Bolide, you can see one of the farina mechanics and i think a parts dept lad looking directly at the camera (cheeky as photos where a big no-no in the complex), the racks which he is standing at where leather samples, the mock car spent a brief time in brunei as pininfarina wanted to showcase this Brunei Only bespoke for potential orders from the Family, it was indeed to have F50 running gear but never got past that stage for reasons unknown to me, its was close to the Brunei "Cash Crash" so maybe that had something to do with it, anyhow like with all good things it had to come to an end, nevertheless its a collection the world will never see the likes of again! One last point, having left Brunei shortly after the Crash ive always wondered if any have seen whats left to date? anyone been inside House5 recently? would love to hear about it?

3. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

Great story. Do you have any pictures?

4. -=Nick=-

-=Nick=- Karting

Jan 13, 2006
    NY
    bump wonder where the bolide shell is now.

5. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Who cares, it was hideous
    Some of those cars (such as the 550 Spiders) were interesting and even beautiful, but for the most part, it doesn't seem to me like they have any taste at all, not to mention all most of the cars did was rot in underground garages for years with only a few lucky ones resurfacing ... "a collection the world will never see the likes of again", well, we can only hope so.