Bugatti EB16-4 Veyron | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Bugatti EB16-4 Veyron

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by Scuderia CC, Dec 17, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scuderia CC

Scuderia CC Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    If like me and I think that I am not it only to like Bugatti, I you council to go to see the site of Carsten Christiansen, which carries out superb drawing of most beautiful Bugatti. The photo joint it is the drawing of Bugatti Type 55 Super Sport #55237 which is one of T55 which is with the National Museum of the Car in Mulhouse (France).

See here : http://www.bugattiart.com

2. Gilles

Gilles Karting

Aug 10, 2003
    South of France
  3. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    Wolfgang,

You live in Germany dude. Go to Berlin, their Bentley dealer has two parked in the showroom. Saw them last summer.

4. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    2 x EB 16-4 in Berlin?????
    Or 2 x vintage Bugatti
    Its a 550km trip for me.....?!?!

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

5. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    2 Veyrons. :)

6. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Wolfgang, the Atlantic you saw in Schwetzingen in 2001 was not an original I'm affraid but a very well built replica of the Lauren car built by the famous Danish Bugattiste Erik Koux, and owned by a wealthy American. The car uses original Bugatti chassis and parts but the bodywork is not original. Originally there is only three of the beauties built. The Erik Koux replicas are indeed very close to the original, and among the very best you can get and several have been built over the years. One of them is up for sale in the Netherlands.

Best regards Carsten

7. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Hello Carsten,

thank you very much for the (sad) infos about the Atlantic.
    Now its clear to me why he didn`t won a price.
    I don`t know, if I have ever seen one of the 3 originals built.
    I have seen one:
    In the Schlumpf Museum
    At the Oldtimer Grand Prix, Nürburgring (2-3 years ago)
    The one from Schwetzingen - Fake!

Anyway, its an amazing car!!!!!!

Thanks

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

8. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    I should say that the one you saw at the Schlumpf museum could very well be the Seydoux car #57473(the one with pontoon style rear fenders)and very much original.
    The car you saw at Nürburgring is actually the replica for sale in the Netherlands.(the one seen in the bottom of my last reply)

Best regards
    Carsten Christiansen
    Automotive Artist
    http://www.bugattiart.com

9. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Hello Carsten,

wonderful web-site & art work!

Yes, sad to hear that those cars are just fakes.
    Man, I was standing in front of the Atlantic in Schwetzingen and told everybody that I have seen 1 of 3 original cars;-(
    No problem if it is a replica and SIGNED as a replica. I still remember (and have the pics) from the sign in front of the Atlantic. Nothing mentioned that this is a replica/fake!
    Same at the OGP Nürburgring. The Atlantic was the whole day in a smal hall with a plate: Original Bugatti Atlantic....bla, bla....don`t touch!

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

10. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
  11. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Thank you very much for the kind words to my website....I try to do my best!

I should say so! The Bugatti Club France is a serious and Reknowned Bugatti club, and a lot of the cars and parts you will find here is the genuine article. Some parts can be newly made to original specs. but then I should say they will be mentioned as being not original. I have some contacts with the club, and can verify that they are indeed very serious, although the club can not be held responsible for the content of all of the articles with parts and cars put up for sale.

As a rookie Bugattiste back in 1989 I myself thought that I saw an original Atlantic at a classic car show in Aarhus, Denmark. But when I finally spoke to the owner, I found out that the car was a replica and moreover used a six cylindre Jaguar engine...... Man was I disappointed....? Nonetheless the car is beautiful and will turn heads on everybody on its way....young or old....everybody has an oppinion on this piece of automotive history.
    Actually the good replicas helps to spread the knowledge of the real car. The cars drags peoples attention, and as such they do a wonderful job!
    If it had'nt been for the replicas, a lot of people would never actually see an Atlantic, and in my oppinion, if the cars are being true to the originals, (as the Erik Koux-cars) and does not claim to be originals, they are marvelous pieces, and deserves to be shown in their own right.

Best regards

Carsten Christiansen
    Automotive Artist

12. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Carsten,

well, well said and a very interesting point of view - regarding Replikas!
    I totaly agree on this with you... but why don`t they describe it so?!
    Still wondering about the shields from the Schwetzingen Show:confused: If there are only 3 ever built....no problem and its fine to see a very good done replika - but please don`t adv. it as Bugatti Atlantic 193?
    I feel a bit mess around, sorry.

The reason I have been asking you for the Bugatti web-site is: A friend of mine and also Ferrari driver would like to drive the Mille Miglia in 2005 with a real vintage Bugatti. He ownes and drives only new (max. 10 years old) Ferraris. But he is also in love with Bugatti and would like (yes, serious!) to buy a 37A GP Kompressor. I have been together with him last year in Geneva to have a closer look.....short version....no matching numbers, no history, No deal!

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

13. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    I agree with you on the point of wiev that they should NOT advertise it as being a 1936-1938 Bugatti Atlantic. In the case of the "Schwetzingen car" it should be okay to mention it as being a nineteen thirty odd Bugatti type 57S, but not the Atlantic part, as the car is indeed a correct type 57S or SC, but the bodywork was recreated to match the Atlantic of Ralph Lauren. I fully understand your disappointment, and I do not think that it should be presented at a Concours. Try have a look at this page: http://www.madle.org/eev601.htm This guy seems to agree with us!

I have no knowledge of where to find an original type 37A for sale right now, except for the type 37 converted to 37A specs. on the French Club Bugatti's website. Sometimes you can be lucky to find one for sale here: http://www.prewarcar.com
    If I should come across an original excample for sale, I will happily inform you via e-mail.

Best regards

Carsten Christiansen
    Automotive Artist

14. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Carsten,

thanks a lot for both links!

Yes, thats the problem with all the converted 37 to 37A. The gent is looking for an original one, not converted, with of course matching numbers and history! I know its hard & expensive but the time will come and we will see and hopefuly find one.....`cause I will be the lucky dude on the passenger seat for the Mille Miglia 2005:D

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

15. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Hi Wolfgang,
    I truly hope that you will succeed in finding one, and I truly understand your thrill. There is absolutely nothing that compares to driving a Grand Prix Bugatti, the feeling , the thrill, the looks and last but not least THE SOUND.
    A good word of advice to you as a co-driver: keep your elbowes away from the rearwheel. My first ride as a passenger in a Grand prix Bugatti resulted in a very badly damaged left elbow and a lot of blood + a ruined jacket. :(
    Best

Carsten

16. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Carsten,

thanks a lot for the advice. I have never driven/co driven a Bugatti till today.

What the hell happened?????
    Co driver and the LEFT elbow????
    Was it a RHD :confused:?
    Please tell me the whole story, man what happened? The rear wheel? The exhaust?

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

17. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Okay....
    First of all: All Bugattis(Vintage) is RHD (exept from the singleseaters of course). That means that the passenger/co-driver is always placed to the left, and with the rear wheel exposed (Grand Prix cars without wings) almost right beside your elbow. The cabin is very intime and there is not much room inside the car for your left elbow. Therefore, and because of the lack of an armrest outside the car, one has to be very careful where one puts ones elbow. NOW Tyres at speed and made of rubber have a most dangerous effect when you rest your arm upon it..... DO NOT WEAR LONG SCARVES arround your neck neither, as they have easy acces to be caught by the spokes of the wheels when driving. Now we would'nt want that to happen....now would we??? Of course not. In fact I did'nt notice what was wrong before actually seeing the "multicolor spray" flying in the air, and then it was of course to late.
    My left elbow was badly burnt, and took several weeks to recover from this, so watch your arm.

18. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Carsten,

pfffffff, wow!!!!!!
    "...all real Bugattis are RHD..!"
    Thats sooo strange and I feel realy blamed;(
    I have seen so many Bugattis in the last 20 years but I never noticed the RHD!!! Can this be true????? I checked. of course a.s.a.p. all Bugatti sites I know ( f.e. : http://www.bugattipage.com/b1c.htm ) and for sure you are right!!!!!
    I have tons of pics & book...and I have never noticed the RHD:confused:
    Oh my god....!

Thanks a lot for your sad story what happened to you. I will remember you and take care on my first passenger drive in a Bugatti. I`m very excited and waiting for this thrill. Oh hopefully we will find the right "toy" till next year. Thats (for me) one of the most exciting things to do for next year: Passenger seat in a Bugatti T37A at the MM 2005!!!

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

19. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Hi wolfgang,

Just found this advertise:

T37A GP, 1929
    Chassis 37363, engine 282 CP (From 37374)
    Well known car, good provenance, excellent condition.

Jonathan Proctor
    Tel: +44 20 7262 8330
    Fax: +44 20 7262 8340
    E-mail [email protected]

Source: Classic & Sportscar, June 2003

I am not sure if the car is already sold, but it could be worth finding out!

Best regards

Carsten Christiansen

20. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    And further one:

Bugatti T37A

A rare opportunity to purchase one of the few genuine supercharged Type 37A's. Delivered through the London agents Sorel, this Bugatti has remained in England ever since. Its present owner bought the car some twenty five years ago from another long term Bugatti exponent Lord Raglan. The 37A has developed a glorious patina and benefits from an extensive engine and gearbox overhaul. The car comes complete with a buff logbook and a report by the historian David Sewell is available on request.

Gregor Fisken
    14 Queensgate Place Mews
    London SW7 5BQ
    Tel: +44 20 7584 3503
    Fax: +44 20 7584 7403
    E-mail: [email protected]

Source: Classic & Sportscar, May 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Still I do not know if the car have been sold......but try your luck!!! :)

Carsten Christiansen

21. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    And yet another one:

T37A, 1929
    Chassis 37365, Ex Ann Etie. Fully restored, ready to race, 100% original.

Per Gjerdrum,
    Tel.: 0047 91132 350 mobile,
    Fax office: 0047 66 775601,
    Fax private: 0034 9528821

15-4-2003, source: C&SC, May 2003

Good luck

CU

Carsten Christiansen

22. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Hello Carsten,

thanks a lot for the great hint & links!!!!
    I have just called my friend and droped him a mail with all your infos;)

We will see......wow, the passenger seat is coming closer:D

I will let you know what going on!

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

23. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

WOW, very exciting! Good luck to you and your friend Wolf!!!

Vasco.R

24. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Hello Carsten,

just a first quick report:

The one from Gregor Fisken has been sold last year.
    The Jonathan Proctor T37A...is not longer on sale...don`t know what happened.
    And the other one from Per Gjerdrum...couldn`t get in touch with the gent yesterday and he will try it again today/tomorrow.

Will let you know more about soon;)

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

25. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Hi Wolfgang,

I really hope that the third and last will bring some luck :).....looking forward to hear more!

Carsten Christiansen
    Automotive artist