News

Button to set "You last visited" date...

Discussion in 'Report Bugs & Ask Questions' started by Brian C. Stradale, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    My #1 biggest enhancement request for the software, after having used it for a couple weeks:

A button that would let me set "You last visited" to any date I want.

That would be very sweet. That would fix my biggest gripe about the site, and further allow me to do other cool stuff.

Gripe it would fix: I have to be very careful that when I start reading Fchat that I can finish reading it... otherwise, if I have to do something else for 20 minutes, "you last visited" gets advanced, and then I lose track of what I've read and all my down-arrow buttons (that are such time-savers) go away.

Another fix: I don't like that "you last visited" is set to when I last stopped reading; I wish it was set to when I last started reading. That would be much less of an issue if I could just set it... I'd just set it back in time 30 minutes or so to get my "conservative" setting.

Other cool stuff: Being able to set it would allow me to keep up with General & Texas on a twice-daily basis, but keep up with the rest on a weekly basis, and in each case be able to benefit from the sweet down-arrow buttons.

More cool stuff: Let's say you go on vacation for a week... how do you catch up? If you could set "you last visited", then you could read recent posts (last 3 days) so that you can catch up with current threads; but then later you could go back and sweep through all the posts since you left for vacation.

And so on. It would be very cool.

Brian

2. To remove this ad click here.