Button to set "You last visited" date... | FerrariChat

Button to set "You last visited" date...

Discussion in 'Report Bugs & Ask Questions' started by Brian C. Stradale, Nov 18, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    My #1 biggest enhancement request for the software, after having used it for a couple weeks:

A button that would let me set "You last visited" to any date I want.

That would be very sweet. That would fix my biggest gripe about the site, and further allow me to do other cool stuff.

Gripe it would fix: I have to be very careful that when I start reading Fchat that I can finish reading it... otherwise, if I have to do something else for 20 minutes, "you last visited" gets advanced, and then I lose track of what I've read and all my down-arrow buttons (that are such time-savers) go away.

Another fix: I don't like that "you last visited" is set to when I last stopped reading; I wish it was set to when I last started reading. That would be much less of an issue if I could just set it... I'd just set it back in time 30 minutes or so to get my "conservative" setting.

Other cool stuff: Being able to set it would allow me to keep up with General & Texas on a twice-daily basis, but keep up with the rest on a weekly basis, and in each case be able to benefit from the sweet down-arrow buttons.

More cool stuff: Let's say you go on vacation for a week... how do you catch up? If you could set "you last visited", then you could read recent posts (last 3 days) so that you can catch up with current threads; but then later you could go back and sweep through all the posts since you left for vacation.

And so on. It would be very cool.

Brian