Buying a H2, What Color? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Buying a H2, What Color?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by dream cars, Mar 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Nibbles, you've become rather antagonistic lately. You forget we're on a discussion board to discuss and celebrate some of the most ostentatious vehicles ever! You could easily say that "a Ferrari is the way to look important" with that same sharp tone.

I can't help but think about my uncle, a union ironworker, who never got handed *anything* by life and has welded and toiled for 30 years (waiting for two kids to grow up) and saved up enough to finally buy a fun vehicle like this (he was choosing between an H2 and a C5 Vette, but prefers trucks). They're a lot of big boy fun, and yeah, maybe they do make you feel big and important because of the tough looks, the huge frame and the large engine.

It's a blue collar working man's dream. Please don't spoil the moment.

2. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
  3. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    I love that website! Classic. I'll have to send in a submission.

4. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    That's a contradiction. Union workers get EVERYTHING handed to them.

I like you, and I don't want to get you angry, but just because your uncle bought one after 30 years of Union work does not mean that it's any less stupid a vehicle. I know a lot of hard working idiots who have spent 10 bucks a week on lottery tickets. Just because they are hard working people does not mean that buying into the lottery is not a stupid way of sh!tting your money out your a$$.

If you want to drive one of these STUPID vehicles around, don't expect everyone to either a) worship the oil stained ground you drive on, or b) sit with their mouths shut when they disagree with such a collosal waste of money, gas, and resources simply because you feel you need to make a statement.

5. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Too late.

You were obviously responding to my post where I talked about enjoying the truck, and you wrote just to crap on my fun. That behavior is very inconsiderate.

If you have an issue with the Hummer, then identify it. Say, "I think it's too much/garish/blocky" or "it gets poor mileage" or "the Cayenne is a better buy because of __." But to waltz in to a thread and just say "Oh it's a **** car for stupid retards idiots with small penises blah blah blah" without giving reasoning is just childish and offensive... as you can throw such accusations without justifying what you're saying. That's a little unfair.

I mean even Allanlambo will give some reason like "handles like a pig" or something to reason with, even if on a basic level.

And why haven't we seen your militant attitude against Escalades, Yukon Denalis, Navigators, Galenwagens, Porsche Cayennes, and any other luxury SUV with similarly bad "economy" and bling-bling status?? Maybe I just missed it.

6. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy

Hey man, I think Escalades, Expeditions, Navigators, WHATEVER, are stupid vehicles. They serve no purpose other than to attempt to "show off", and you are correct when you suggest that you may have missed my rants on them. Are they fun to drive? Sure. Is that fun worth:

1. $50,000 + sticker prices
    2. $2000 annual gas prices
    3. Massive increases in dependencies on foreign oil
    4. Having to drive on the same road as idiots who can't properly drive a Hyundai Accent, not to mention an 8000lb pig that takes up three lanes.

I say: NO! Now, you may say that Ferraris are just as wasteful in terms of cost of ownership or gas consumptions, but lets keep in mind that one out of 10,000 drivers in this county drive an F-car, and those drivers do something like 1000 - 10,000 miles per year in their F-car.

SUVs, on the other hand, are owned by some rediculous number like 1 in 3 households, and are driven, on an average, 15,000 - 30,000 miles per year. The use of gas and the waste of resources that goes into the fad that is SUVs is scary, if you think about it.

All the Hummer does, or any SUV living in its 15 minutes, is shorten the amount of gas that you and I and any other prospective F-car owner will be able to use in our cars in the future, as well as pumping TONS AND TONS of noxious fumes into the air we'll have to breath in the future.

And all for a fad. Kind of sad if you think about it. And it takes people SCREAMING IN THE FACES OF THE IDIOTS WHO BUY THESE THINGS to maybe change the trend.

Also, never before did I say that drivers of Hummers have small d!cks.

7. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Thank you Nibbles for giving a fair response.

Oh, the penis thing was from that website you praised... I looked around for a few minutes and that seemed to be the big accusation against buyers. Not that Ferrari people haven't heard that before.

BTW, I just have to bring up one thing I saw there: some girl posted there that an H2 is was such a waste blah blah and for the money they could have gotten "something good like a Lamborghini Countach." I laughed, because even though I like Lamborghini's, asthetic/artistic value aside you can't say a 9mpg, 2 seat, no luggage space, 180mph car you can't see backwards out of is any *more* practical than a Hummer. I would say it's equally impractical on the opposite end of the "oversized and slow" scale.

8. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    Yeah, I don't put too much stock into: "That (Insert SUV Brand Here) is such a waste! S/he could have gotten a (Insert Luxo Car Here)!" line.

I'm all for enjoying your money and driving what you want. But, I just think that, unlike F-cars, Lambos, P-cars, Bently's, whatever, the whole SUV thing is just a fad, and driving one isn't exactly driving "what you want", rather it's driving "what you think others will be impressed by".

I guess I have an uber-cynical view of these beasts and their drivers, because I sold big barges like Expeditions, Excursions, and Tahoes for three years, and I'm all too familiar with the attitude that goes along with buying them. I think, of the hundreds I sold, perhapd 5% went to people who were actually going to utilize the "Utility" inherent in the vehicle. The rest were simply trying to keep up with the Jones'.

Ah well. The fad will pass at some point, and we'll see lines of soccer moms in the next generation station-wagons in a few years, and that'll give me something else to moan about.

9. lesterm

lesterm Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Durham, NC
    I don't really want to jump into an argument, but I don't it's really good to make generalizations such as, "SUV's serve no purpose," &c. I will not argue with the fact that, yes, it does seem that the majority of SUV's will never be used for what they were meant for; however, I do know a number of people who buy SUV's for valid reasons, with penis envy not being one of them. I, for one, drive a MB G-wag. I did not want the car to impress or anything of that nature. It is the car I wanted due to the fact that I off-road on occasion and have a need to 1) frequently transport things and 2) be able to get around when the conditions would normally forbid it.

I do not want to further any argument. I'm just making note of the fact that there are people, in fact, who do not buy SUV's to impress others and actually use them for a specific purpose. Perhaps, due to being exposed to a bunch of arrogant snobs with penis envy, that you have become a bit jaded and adopted an over-cynical view of the entire SUV "thing," as you noted. *shrug*