C6 exposed body pics | FerrariChat

C6 exposed body pics

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by aawil, Nov 12, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Well it looks like the cat is out of the bag. Here's shot's of the corvette C6 bare body. I can't wait to see it painted up with lights and everything. Someone's getting fired as hard as they've been trying to keep it secret.It kinda ruins the suspense of waiting for detroit too. Oh well.

http://www.stupidfastboats.com/vette2

2. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

If it "is" the new C6, all I can say is that I prefer the current car a lot more.

3. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
  4. CCarlisi

CCarlisi Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Christian
    The front end looks vastly different from the C5. If anything I think it resembles the new Viper RT10.

5. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    I agree, but think more SRT-10. The front end above the headlights is kind of rounded, like a modena...less edge than a Viper. I think the back end looks a bit like the Elise.

It is a sort of amalgamation of other cars and the Vette. Definitely looks cool though, and I'm sure it will be a beast! Also, should look a LOT better painted.

6. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    vettes are becoming great cars. i cant wait for z06 version of this. hope they can fix interior though

7. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    I am still up in the air about the styling of it but I think when the final version is on display in Detroit all doubt will quickly dissapear. From rumors on some Corvette boards, I read Z06 will be 3000lbs and have in the area of 550bhp!!! Should be a monster. It appears Chevy is not going to let Dodge (Viper) and Ford(GT) get ahead of them.

8. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    My first impression of the front end was "Viper meets 612" -- ernie probably passed out ;)...

9. Rtbracer

Rtbracer Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    To me it looks like a really bad version of the 575 (minus the hood intake) If corvette thinks its appropriate to steal the designs of ferrari in order to better their Le Man's entry, it is gonna take more than a aero package, it may take them building a motor with today's technology. I love Corvettes don't get me wrong, but you can't bank off the same chevy 350 powerplant forever. For god's sake it still has a single cam, push-rod engine in it. When will they ever learn that you can't repackage the same product and expect us to drool over it every time. I am sorry but it isn't right.

Richard

10. Mojo

Mojo Formula 3

Sep 24, 2002
    Washington St.
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Awsome car.
    Can't wait to see how much power there going to have.
    Who care's if it has a 350 with push rod's, if it goes 100,000 miles with no problems, makes gobs of HP and torque and gets 25MPG. thats progress. Oh ya I almost forgot it will cost 1/3 of a Ferrari.

I love Ferrari's but I can't put down the vett.