Ca someone explain to me how Ferrari Financial Services works. | FerrariChat

Ca someone explain to me how Ferrari Financial Services works.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by deshapiro, Feb 9, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. deshapiro

deshapiro Karting

Sep 25, 2015
    I was looking at a minimally used car at one of my local dealers and financing from FFS was available as an option. I've also been looking out of state and suddenly that option is off the table. Is it a national Ferrari policy of only being available to a local dealer or is it a state by state policy dictated by the local state governments.

Thanks,
    David

2. Fireman1291

Fireman1291 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Why not go with another lender? I took a small loan against mine as I put almost 100K down but FFS couldn't touch the normal bank rates with my 833 FICO score. FFS was over a point higher. Screw that.

3. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I believe they give you money to buy a car and then you pay it back in increments at an inflated interest rate.There is a reason it's acronym is "FFS"

4. tonyswfla

tonyswfla Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 2, 2007
    Florida
    Try Lightstream or PenFed

paulchua likes this.
  5. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Likewise when I was purchasing three years ago. FFS was a good bit higher than other places I checked, although I don't recall that it was a full point. In the end, we just paid cash...T

6. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    FFS in my experience don’t really need all the usual paperwork that a standard lender does. They make a lending decision on the basis of a telephone call from the underwriter (in my experience anyway), they will generally go to a higher loan to value ratio on Ferrari products, and offer higher residuals on Ferrari’s than the standard lenders in many situations, which can make the repayments better for those buying with lower deposits. That said, interest rates wise I’m sure you pay for the way they work in them, but that’s capitalism right? Like a fast track mortgage, or an unlimited credit card, the risks they take are incorporated into making a little more from that client that needs the service... what’s a point in interest rate if it means someone with a complex financial status that struggles to meet criteria of a mainstream lender can buy their dream car

7. deshapiro

deshapiro Karting

Sep 25, 2015
    With all due respect, you are all missing my point. That suggests that I didn't express myself very well.
    I had no trouble qualifying for either Putnam or a Premier. Or paying cash if I wanted. I was asking about the why.
    Why can one use FFS for a local sale but not for one that is out of state? Is that a local state government policy or a national FFS one?

David

Melon767 likes this.
  8. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    I’m just guessing here but it might have more to do with the dealer franchise being owned by someone else. Maybe it would be possible if a franchise owner owned more then one dealership in different states but then the dealer could also transfer the car between locations pretty easy too. Probably has to do with “sales credit” to the selling dealer, but I’m just guessing.

Besides the way rates have increased I’d avoid a loan unless you find an awesome deal. You would be better off investing and saving to pay cash then paying some of these interest rates. Just the other day I inquired on a vehicle and the rates kinda scared me from what they were 6 months ago.

9. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    I learned that the rate from FFS is actually driven more by the dealer themselves, just like other dealers. FFs is available to all ferrari dealers, why would one not allow you to use is beyond me, unless there is financial incentive for the dealer to do so, such as sell you higher rate with another lender or just want you to pay all cash.

Another key thing to remember is that FFS loan does not show up in the three main credit bureau in US, except the inquiry part. So that actually could be quite helpful in certain situations.

victorg likes this.