Cache of Forza Issue #1 and #10 Found | FerrariChat

Cache of Forza Issue #1 and #10 Found

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by johnb@macarbon, Dec 28, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnb@macarbon

johnb@macarbon Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    John Borchelt
    #1 johnb@macarbon, Dec 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    We have a friend who was featured in Forza Issue #1 and #10. Forza gave him a few copies at the time and they have sat in a box in his office ever since. I noticed them on my last visit and he decided to remove some clutter from his office. We are selling them for him as a favor.

We have five sets. Some are more perfect than others. I'll pick the best for the first people to order.

Issue #1 is the rarest and most sought after issue of Forza.
    Issue #10 is also one of the most expensive issues as it's early and it features the ever popular Daytona Spider

Both issues are in near perfect condition. The only wear is a small amount at the corners of the binding. One or two also have very small imperfections around the edges. Even the subscription cards are still present.

The price is $275 for each set (one #1 and one #10). That includes the FedEx domestic shipping.

PM me for details or you can contact me at any of the below numbers.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. johnb@macarbon

Feb 24, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    John Borchelt
  3. FerrariJones

FerrariJones Karting

Nov 1, 2004
    Seattle
    So does anyone have a guess as to what a full set of Forza from issue one would go for today?

4. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    I just sold a mint set of issues #1, 2, and 3 on Ebay for $87. About a month ago, I sold a mint issue #1 for $50. Not in the range of Cavallino, but still not bad.

I am selling off all of my magazines and books, moving, just do not want to deal with the weight.

5. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    #5 Wade, Jan 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
    I listed my complete set, including a sealed second copy of #1, on two occasions (the last was in 2008). It was a no-sale, both times, at $275.

Hopefully times have changed for the OP :)

(I'm not sellin' now)

6. johnb@macarbon

Feb 24, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    John Borchelt
    Fchat adds has a complete set advertised for $1200. Other than the first few issues though, most Forzas are worth just a few bucks more than the newstand price.

As for issue #1, I sold mine for about $250 - although that was a year or so ago. There's one on eBay now for $225.
    I would say the $50 and $87 quoted would be great deals. Especially the set of #1, 2 and 3.

I have no money in this and simply posted it for our friend. Maybe we'll try an eBay listing and see where it goes...

7. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    I sold my copies of issue #1 and 2 a year ago for 70 euros for the two. Maybe the European market isn't craving for these Forza issues.

8. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    #2 is the issue I still don't have, but I too am tiring of the weight. I might sell my set.

9. azfast1

azfast1 Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    There is a #1 on ebay right now for $125 or offer. I would sell a mint spare I have for $100.

10. toddjw73

toddjw73 F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    Nor-Cal
    Full Name:
    Todd Westbrook
    I have a complete set from #1-99. I started buying them from the book stores about 5 or so years ago. Picked up older issues on occassion. Then when I was really searching, I found a seller on Craigslist that had a bunch of issues he was selling. I drove from where I live in the Central Valley all the way out to Navato in Marin County. I bought it al for a decent price. Can't remember exactly what I paid though. I think it was around $100. I needed everything I bought except for I think I had 2 issues that I already did have in my collection. I just need to renew my subscription and get to work on Cavallino.

11. barchetta

barchetta Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    I have issues 1-5 (all mint). May entertain selling them if someone makes me a good offer. Send me a pm if interested.

12. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    EWA has some Cavallino issues from the 90s on clearance. Their whole store is 70% off but there ain't much left.

13. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Is EWA folding the tent?

They were the best, for the longest time, really built my 1:43rd from there...

14. marklotus

marklotus Karting

May 8, 2007
    Valley Forge, PA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Forza issue #1 sold on ebay for $36.26. Another #1, along with other issues, has been bid up to $11.

15. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    albaco.com lists them all, #1 and #2 are pretty expensive....we had a request for some, he should take you up on this offer!