Caffeine & Exotics at City Springs | FerrariChat

Caffeine & Exotics at City Springs

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Gatorrari, Apr 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    This morning I attended my first Caffeine & Exotics at the new City Springs complex in Sandy Springs. They still have to figure out how to get cars into the show grounds, which was never a problem at Lenox Square. But today it took 27 minutes from the time I turned off of Roswell Road until the time I was parked, and that is clearly too long.

(The Cobras like the one in front of me probably suffered the worst, because they generally don't have cooling fans, so they had to shut the engine every time they stopped, to keep from overheating. Apparently they have good batteries because they always seemed to restart.)

The saving grace for me is that when I finally was parked, I was right in front of the main entrance to city hall and the complex. The drivers' lounge was on the third floor, and you can see people viewing from the balcony.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Merlin Auto Group likes this.
  2. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Interestingly, I was parked right behind a 488 that had also been in the Festivals of Speed compound at the Mitty on Saturday. I saw a number of other cars that I had seen at the track on Saturday. Ivan Ruiz was there as well, but with a different car today, his yellow Daytona. I watched as he was being interviewed for TV. I suppose the Bora would have been just as interesing, but Ivan could probably do this with a different car each day!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    The star of the show was probably the McLaren Senna brought by Motorcars of Atlanta. Fittingly it was up on the amphitheater stage with a couple of other hot cars. I was glad to get there early, because by 11 the stage was packed with people! Sorry the last pic is blurry, but I had to shoot through the glass and that makes it hard for my autofocus to figure out.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Merlin Auto Group likes this.
  3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    The other car on the stage was an also-spectacular Lamborghini Aventador SV in purple, one of those colors that looks fine on a Lambo but which you'd likely never see on a Ferrari. (Note the gold wheels!) Nearby was a Rolls Royce Cullinan, an absolutely vast vehicle that to their credit, looks more like a station wagon than an SUV. (Those are 24" wheels!) And the new Ford GT is still a relatively rare item.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    I took the first photo from the balcony fairly early in the event, while cars were still coming in. My car is in the lower left corner. And at an event like this, a drone is invariably buzzing around up above. (Quick, get my flying insect killer!)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login