california azzuro RR phantom and 265mph 1000hp all cf mercedes car | FerrariChat

california azzuro RR phantom and 265mph 1000hp all cf mercedes car

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Node, May 7, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    Heh, I was checking the prices of some AMGs today and saw the Lotec!

2. speedy4500

speedy4500 Formula Junior

Sep 19, 2004
  3. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    I'd seen that car at an auction in Las Vegas a couple of years ago and I must say I really wasn't impressed. It's certainly no Dauer962. The interior looks like it was put together by a bunch of "ricers," the seat backs were almost vertical with scant padding; the dash looked like an after thought. The space was also very, very small. Also no windows and at that time no A/C, or at least none I could see. The engine and drive train was very impressive. It was well thought out and would have been very easy to work on. The body work was good and the paint finish was fine. One of the headlamp "covers" (just a piece of Plexiglas) was coming off of its Velcro holder. Apparently the button head screw that would normally hold it on was MIA as were two others. :rolleyes: The ride height was almost non existent. This would have to be a dedicated track car. The car in person certainly had a visual impact. The auction had the car place on the left corner of the auction stand for the entire weekend.

Needless to say it didn't sell. I'm surprised it sold for the amount it did at BJ.

4. Ershank

Ershank Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Jason Z
    Whew..... what a ****ty interior!

I suppose if you wanted to drop a quarter million on something like this you would have the interior completely revamped.

5. mdo

mdo Karting

Jul 20, 2004
    Bellmore, NY
    Full Name:
    Miguel Mascaro
    haha, the leather (or whatever it is that they used in the interior) kinda reminds me of an old rollercoaster

6. DavkeG

DavkeG Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Dave G.
    That Phantom picture was taking at Top Marques Monaco this year.

7. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    I saw a pink RR phantom near Heathrow in London two weeks ago, crazy!