Cam Seal Housings with Drain Back Groove | FerrariChat

Cam Seal Housings with Drain Back Groove

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by SeattleM5, Dec 15, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SeattleM5

SeattleM5 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 9, 2006
    Kirkland, Washington
    Full Name:
    Ettore Palazzo
    #1 SeattleM5, Dec 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Offering up 4 cam seal housings with machined oil drain back grooves that fit the following models: 308QV, Mondial QV, 328, Mondial 3.2, 348, F40, Mondial T. The original Ferrari part number for the 308/Mondial QV and 328/Mondial 3.2 cam seal housing is 117257. Note that these have been superseded to part number 144973 which was originally fitted to the 348, F40, and Mondial T. The earlier vs. later cam seal housings are identical with the exception of the addition of a machined oil drain back groove along with a 45 degree chamfer on the later iteration to help prevent cam seal leaks. This was discussed in Service Bulletin 10-91 in which the modification to the cam seal housings along with enlargement and repositioning of the oil drain back holes in the heads was recommended (see post #11 for details: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/technical-q-sponsored-algar-ferrari/440919-oil-hole-drilling-jig.html).

These would be perfect for anyone doing a major this winter on a 308QV, Mondial QV or 328/Mondial 3.2 to swap out for the new style housings. The cam seal mating surfaces and O-ring grooves are in excellent condition on all 4 of the housings. There are a few marks on the non seal mating surfaces likely from prior removal/replacement of the cam seal which should be of no significance (see photos for details). The last two photos show how the machined oil drain back groove in the housing communicates with the oil drain back holes in the heads.

I had a tough time determining what these are worth as Ricambi doesn't list a price for them which makes me wonder if they are no longer available. Tom Vail has the old style without modifications (117257) listed for $419 each (Search). I'll let all 4 of these go for $400 with free shipping in the Continental US and I'll absorb the paypal fees.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. SeattleM5

SeattleM5 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 9, 2006
    Kirkland, Washington
    Full Name:
    Ettore Palazzo
    Still available

3. SeattleM5

SeattleM5 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 9, 2006
    Kirkland, Washington
    Full Name:
    Ettore Palazzo
  4. SeattleM5

SeattleM5 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 9, 2006
    Kirkland, Washington
    Full Name:
    Ettore Palazzo
    Price drop to $350 shipped in the continental US.

5. SeattleM5

SeattleM5 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 9, 2006
    Kirkland, Washington
    Full Name:
    Ettore Palazzo
    Final price drop to $300 shipped (CONUS). If they don't sell at this price I guess I'll just hang them on the shop wall and call it garage art.

6. SeattleM5

SeattleM5 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 9, 2006
    Kirkland, Washington
    Full Name:
    Ettore Palazzo
    Still available at $300 shipped

7. SeattleM5

SeattleM5 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 9, 2006