Can a tall person fit in a 308/328 | FerrariChat

Can a tall person fit in a 308/328

Discussion in '308/328' started by tjgreen27, Jan 28, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tjgreen27

tjgreen27 Rookie

Sep 16, 2005
    Quick question

I'm 6"4 and been wanting a 308 gts for awhile now, can a person my height fit comfortably (roof on) in one of these cars?

Thanks in advance for your answers

2. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    I'm 6ft. attached is a pic of me and the previous owner standing in front of the car the day I bought it from him in '08. He had owned it since 92 and drove it regularly. I can't say how tall he is but based on me I'd guess he's 6'4+. But it's also related on where your height is - legs or trunk. If it's legs, you're probably OK if it's trunk, I'm guessing not.

[​IMG]

3. noblesteed

noblesteed Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Brantley
    I'm 6'2" and fit in a GTB fine. I'm guessing a GTS has a little bit more head room.

4. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    "I'm guessing a GTS has a little bit more head room."

It does, as Tom Selleck proved...but you need to take the roof off! :)

5. pappy.72

pappy.72 Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2010
    Elgin, IL
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I'm 6'2" and fit great but my brother is also 6'2" and he does not fit. He has more torso than I do and it is just too tight with the roof on. It causes him to have to scrunch down in the seat and then his knees are the issue. Sit in one before you buy. You will know right when you sit down. There is always the GTB. They are more roomy in the roofline.

6. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Another aspect is not only your height but also size - there are many threads about this - one big factor is shoe size which I think was mentioned in last week's - worth looking back - or actually just trying to sit in one

7. i-velocita

i-velocita F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 9, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    James
    I'm 6'4. I don't fit great but I get by. I usually drive with the top off. Some folks remove the driver seat tracks and bolt the seat directly to the floor for added headroom. Others buy a Saratoga top for a little extra headroom. The GTB actually has more headroom than the GTS. I'm sure you'll love either one. Let us know what you buy!

Jim

8. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    These cars have a ton of leg room. I am not quite 6 feet but when my seat is all the way back I can't push the clutch in to the floor.

Dane and Crowndog like this.
  9. BDCVG

BDCVG Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2007
    Cincyish
    Full Name:
    Brad
    < ----------6'4" GTB (targa top won't store behind seat if its all the way back) Hill steering hub extender. I fit but only enough head room for baseball hat no helmet.

10. Ducman491

Ducman491 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2004
    Mentor OH
    Full Name:
    Jason
    That's a big dude! I'm 6'1" 270lbs and I fit better in a GTB. It's still tight but I don't think I could drive one regularly. If and when I get to pull the trigger on a Ferrari I think it will have to be a GT car.

11. uberlink

uberlink Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2012
    Twin Cities, MN
    Full Name:
    Mark Johnson
    I'm 6' 1". I have a GTS, and there are a good couple inches between my head and the ceiling. I can't have my seat all the way back and still operate the clutch properly. I think you'd be fine, but try one and see.

12. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    Put the Saratoga top on an "S" and you might get another inch or inch and a half.

13. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Seems to me a lot of people must be driving with the seat back tilted way back. I'm 5' 11" and I find I have to tilt the seat back a little more than I would like. If I position the seat the way I would actually like it my head touches the roof of my GTB.

My suggestion is find a car and sit in it and see how it fits.

14. i-velocita

i-velocita F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 9, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    James
    I'd say more like 1/2 an inch. Maybe same amount again bolting seat directly to floor.

15. ferrariman1492

ferrariman1492 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I'm 6'2" and my 308 feels positively spacious compared to my Boxster. My dad is 6'4" and he's comfortable in the 308 as well.

16. sammyb

sammyb Formula 3

Jun 23, 2006
    Where wife tells me
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I am 6'4" and am proportioned in a way that makes it tough for me to sit in many cars. (My legs and torso are both long, so I have problems with head and knee room.)

My hair hits the top of my 328 GTS with the roof on. It's not "comfortable", but it's not bad. I tend to slouch in cars anyway. I ran a track event with this car and it was totally nuts to try to fit with my helmet on. It was bad -- and probably really unsafe.

Also keep in mind that 328s are not really comfortable for anyone. (If you want comfortable, buy an Audi or Mercedes. ;) ) After an hour or so in my 328 or 308 GT4, I'm ready to be out of it. Ferrari didn't get ergonomics until the 355.

17. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    Sometimes I am glad to only be about 5-8....this is definitely one of them.

PDG

18. italianjoe

italianjoe Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2010
    dearborn heights mi
    Full Name:
    joe
    you guys are BIG..........I am 5'6 ande fit just right.....I just have a hard time getting out.......because i dont want to get out just yet

19. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG

+308

PDG

20. Tarik

Tarik Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2011
    Philly Suburbs
    Full Name:
    Tarik
    Actually, I think it's the opposite....

21. Tarik

Tarik Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2011
    Philly Suburbs
    Full Name:
    Tarik
    This is definitely true... I have a friend who's only about 5'8", but all torso and short legs. Hardly fits in a GTS. I'm only 5'10", but all legs... Tons of headroom!

Some people "sit tall" and some people "sit short."

22. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    I guess you would need to sit in each to decide. I'm 245 and 6'3 and fit better in a GTB then a GTS even with the top off. So I would suggest that the poster find a way to get some seat time in both and then make the decision. By the way based on my drive of the GTS I can see why Magnum's head stuck out of the top.

23. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Just the opposite. A GTB has more headroom compared to a GTS with the top on. Of course with the top off it's a different story!

I've got a friend who's 6'7" and he fit in the passenger seat for a ride...was a bit comical though. I asked him if he wanted to drive and he actually said no. :D

FWIW I'm 6'1" and fit like a glove, love it!

24. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    As I recall my head was over the top of the windshield and I believe the reason was that the seat could only go back to the stored top. My GTB seat goes all the way back to the carpet giving me more leg and head room. I do have a 1" spacer on the steering wheel.

25. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    I'm 6'3" in a GTB, but with only about a 1/4" of headroom left.
    Beware the evil speedbump :)