Can we still win this year? | FerrariChat

Can we still win this year?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Dilusha, Jul 30, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dilusha

Dilusha Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    I think we have the best car, but not the best people. So, no. :(

ATBNM3 likes this.
  2. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    It's not over yet, but MB has a better #1 driver and a better pit wall.

ATBNM3 and william like this.
  3. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    It’s our pit wall, the strategists haven’t the first clue how to win, they’ve been losers so long they forgot how to race. They have to get their act together. See my post on the subject in my thread. There is hope!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  4. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    It seems like not only does it take the fastest car, it takes a bit of luck.

635CSI, william and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  5. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Of course we can still win. Hammy/MB is mentally weak when things don’t go their way. Need to beat them in the first 2 races after the break. Need to beat the FIA too as Wanker Whiting is a complete tool. He said it was a racing incident yesterday between Bottas and Vettel (even if Vettel had suffered damage) which is ridiculous. No problem giving Kimi a penalty at Silverstone though....the man is a complete idiot and should have been fired after Japan 2007-screwed Ferrari there too.

stavura, NEP and daytona355 like this.
  6. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    I think our #1 is just as good. I will agree with you 100% about the pit wall.

Geez . . . . Is this what we'll be doing for the next 4 weeks?

7. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Couldn't agree more.

Hamilton is simply better than Vettel. Didn't think that until this year where the wheels are coming off the Vettel wagon. He has cracked too many times and will ultimately cost Ferrari the title.

Bummer. We had the best driver for a while with Alonso but not a great car. Now we do but still can't win. A long-past-his-prime Kimi manages to outqualify Seb speaks volumes.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  8. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    I was in Maranello this past week on Wednesday , some workers were breaking for lunch and coming out of the factory. As one walked towards me I said in Italian "What the hell are they doing for strategy?" He shook his head frowned and smirked and said " who the hell knows!"

tifoso2728 and PDX_214 like this.
  9. Phil~

Phil~ F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2013
    Potomac, Maryland
    It's only halfway, anything can happen.

Agent Smith, william and crinoid like this.
  10. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Ferrari can win, but it will be easier when Lewis doesn't start from pole.
    Anything is possible especially when Max remains in the mix with elbows out

11. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    stavura, NEP and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  12. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Of course we can still win this year, alot of races still to go.

stavura, NEP, Jeronimo GTO and 2 others like this.
  13. Ryan...

Ryan... Karting

Nov 9, 2012
    WI
    Years of watching the NFL, NBA, UFC, MotoGp, and basically any other sport has told me this; the season isn't over until it's over!

There's a lot of racing left to do here folks, and unless the Ferrari camp decides to literally pack up their car and go home this is far from over.

NEP and crinoid like this.
  14. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    At the end of the year, it will all be determined by who is taking grid penalties.
    It may eve be determined by who is taking larger grid penalties than the other.

15. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Yes but we need to win the next 3 races in a row.

Afraid Seb really blew it at Hockenheim. As much as I like him, he makes too many mistakes. I think Kimi is the smarter driver but he doesn't have the speed anymore to be a true WDC contender.

crinoid and tifosi12 like this.
  16. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    If we still had Alonso we probably would have won the 2017 title and the 2018 title would be a lock right now. Even back in his Red Bull days Seb was erratic and error prone despite his immense speed and it allowed Alonso to take 2 championships to the wire in 2010 and 2012 in a far inferior car. FA would have killed to drive something as good as the 2017 and 2018 Ferraris.

tifosi12 likes this.
  17. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Whiting sucks. Bottas misjudges his braking and slams into Vettel then does the same to Ricciardo. NO penalty. LH cuts pit lane, NO penalty. Max runs into Kimi in Austria, NO penalty. Kimi cuts pit late in Baku 2017...5 sec penalty. Kimi touches Hamilton, 10 second penalty.

It's a joke.

Bas, Makuono, stavura and 4 others like this.
  18. Tifosi Ferrari

Tifosi Ferrari Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2017
    Actually 2 races as Ham is only 24 points ahead. Seb needs to win 2 in a row to be back of Ham of just 2 points. He still has a great chance left in this race.

19. Tifosi Ferrari

Apr 28, 2017
    It's going to be who is not only who is faster, but who is going to be making less mistakes dnf, team, or driver for this half that determines it.

TifosiUSA likes this.
  20. Tifosi Ferrari

Apr 28, 2017
    RB had some dnfs and Ferrari nearly had non in camparsion that era. I really think that if this structure was used when FA was around he would been happy as go lucky to have such a chance to win the wdc with cars of that calibre. He has definitely regeting the choice he had choice to be with McClaren 2nd time IMO he must be so anger with himself

21. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    But Nando is toxic...

22. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    Exactly.

23. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    No, actually he needs to run 4 in a row if LH claims 2nd at each to get the lead back.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  24. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Of course the season has many races left and a DNF from Hamilton would change things.

My point is that Hungaroring should have been Ferrari's race to win and they didn't. I fully expect Hamilton to win Spa and Monza.

If you don't win where you have allegedly an advantage then how can you win where you have disadvantage?

And of course Baku and Hockenheim will come back to haunt Seb. If Enzo were still around we might already have a Kimi/Leclerc team right now.

ATBNM3 and Dilusha like this.
  25. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    I don't think we are at a disadvantage at Monza/Spa but I don't trust this team to have a good run of mistake free races. The crew bungles things all the time and Merc always seems a step ahead. When was the last major unforced error from Hamilton you can think of?

ricksb likes this.