Can we still win this year? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Can we still win this year?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Dilusha, Jul 30, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tifosi Ferrari

Tifosi Ferrari Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2017
    The Hungray was always about Q and track position. The Ferrari is faster but not so much that he could of outwit Merc pit stops. The moment Merc Q pole that it was their race to lose. I am opposite on Spa and Monza as those two boost engine power which Ferrari are now better. KIMI should do very well on both. So both Ferrari as long as they do Pole it should be their races to lose.

daytona355 likes this.
  2. Tifosi Ferrari

Apr 28, 2017
    In Germany in Q1 as he shouldn't have gone off. But he was so lucky that Seb dnf.

daytona355 likes this.
  3. Tifosi Ferrari

Apr 28, 2017
    In terms of car designers probably one of the best if not THE BEST. All we need is less issues with both drivers and pit wall calls. To get it right.

daytona355 likes this.
  4. johncasale

johncasale Karting

May 18, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    Actually, Red Bull has the best car designer. It appears to me the momentum has shifted back to Hamilton. Vettel and Ferrari had it a few races ago but not so certain now. For some reason Ferrari starts out strong and then fades as the season progresses.

5. Tifosi Ferrari

Apr 28, 2017
    RB should of been pole on that track it suits their car so well instead they gotten 7th for Max and had 1 KO IN Q2 and gotten out Q by 1 TR and 1 Renualt. And on a wet track to boot.

6. Tifosi Ferrari

Apr 28, 2017
    And if you ask me by now Ferrari should be slowing down that Merc should of walked over Ferrari instead they are still fighting still and starting to be better than Merc. The only reason why Merc is ahead is cause of too many errors on our side. The WCC can be gotten but the WDC we need Seb and Kimi to do flawless to get it.

7. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Historically Ferrari falters second half of the season and with Sergio gone I have not much confidence in Arrivabene or this new guy Camilleri.

8. 11506apollo

11506apollo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2008
    Tx Co Ca
    I wish SF would confront the FIA and demand fair treatment or else......enough of protectionism for the Bailarina and MB

NEP and daytona355 like this.
  9. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    I don´t think we have the fastest car. Not too long ago, the Mercedes kicked our asses in France, and they would do it again at Austria if there wasn´t a sudden weather change. At best, the cars are even, but to my dismay, Elton is being very regular. We still haven´t suffered the mandatory breakdown either (everybody suffers at least one every season). So we´ll need some luck.

Igor Ound likes this.
  10. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Easier to just follow the $$ on this

Lewis 2/5 Not worth the risk for small return
    Vettel 2/1 Reasonable bet i think
    Bottas 200/1 Only if Lewis goes into meltdown ..unlikely
    Kimi 250/1 Not a bad punt if Vettel has some bad luck etc,then Kimi is set free.
    Ricci 250/1 Can dream on
    Max 250/1 See above
    rest of the grid 2500/1...

ATBNM3 likes this.
  11. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kimi is like the Secretary of State. He needs three people to die before he even has a chance at being President.

freshmeat, F2003-GA and tifosi12 like this.
  12. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Very interesting numbers. Kinda tells you all you need to know.

Personally I'd put Ricci at 1500/1 :p

13. Tifosi Ferrari

Apr 28, 2017
    Austria was dnf cause of Merc themselves not weather. I mean in certain corners like fast ones the Merc is better, but the majority of other areas like straights and other corners like low to medium we are better right now and I don't see that changing in the majority as Hockenheim in the dry and Hungray in the dry as shown that the car has dommination of a pace. I don't see changing unless Merc whip up a miracle of an update. Even then the characteristics of Merc in the pervious years like Monaco has shown that they're not going to change of what they're weak at. That's why you label Silverstone supposedly a Merc territory track as that fits the Merc so well it has as fast corners and it's mostly straights.

ricksb likes this.
  14. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    I was talking about their unexpected tyre issues. When they broke down they already were defeated, but with colder temperatures they were faster, same at France. And the summer ends soon. It's not going to be easy to to beat them on sheer speed, and they still have a buffer of points of almost one race.

15. Tifosi Ferrari

Apr 28, 2017

Sheer speed? Straight line we are better tyre issues or nonexistent we can count on best them in raw top speed and acceraltion. The tyres would count more on corners of which we almost as fast as them at the fast corners and much better than them in the slower corners like mid to low corners.

ricksb likes this.
  16. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    When I´m talking about sheer speed I´m not meaning straight line speed only. I mean general perfomance. Cold temperatures, wet weather, fast corners... there are many situations where the Mercedes has been always better.

As we already have a points deficit, we can´t depend on if it rains or it is shinny or whatever. The car needs to be better than the Mercedes always. And no more driver or pit stop mistakes.

william likes this.
  17. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Well, if I was the FIA, I would at that point bring up Ferrari's heritage payments. Anyway, I don't think MB is getting favorable treatment.

Gran Drewismo, subirg, ATBNM3 and 2 others like this.
  18. jmillard308

jmillard308 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2003
    Perth West Oz
    Full Name:
    John Millard
    I'll have $10.00 on that :D

19. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    At this very moment, we have the best car. We didn't earlier in the season. The team did screw up a bit but all teams screw up a bit.

Do we still have a chance? Absolutely. But Vettel's off in the rain has made it more difficult.

ingegnere and daytona355 like this.
  20. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    FIA has nothing to do with that, it's a FOM issue, so, as Vettel said, **** off, Charlie.

21. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Not with dimwitt Vettel behind the wheel. He had all but locked up the win in Germany, all he need to do was keep it on the track and then he threw it into the weeds under no pressure whatsoever. These are the bonehead mistakes Vettel's prone to make. If Ferrari wanted to win a WDC before they end of 2020 they should have a made a huge bid for Hamilton as he's shown that he can beat them in a slower car but pride kept them from making that decision.

22. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I don't think it's realistic to think that.
    As far as I know, Ferrari never approached Hamilton to recruit him.
    I believe there is very little goodwill towards Hamilton at Maranallo, and the tifosi would absolutely hate him there.
    His audience is not at Ferrari, nor his fans, IMO.
    Also, I believe Hamlilton is quite happy driving for Mercedes and the support he gets there, plus a good car. He is well paid too.
    Hamilton seems to be wise when he makes a career move, and wouldn't chose to jump in the unknown and the team politics at Ferrari just for money.

23. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Exactly. It's just one of those hook-ups that look good on paper but not in reality.

24. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Mercedes to Ferrari points gaps at the F1 summer break...

2016 = 173 points
    2017 = 39 points
    2018 = 10 points

25. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Does fair treatment include giving up the massive $$$ that Ferrari get above all others?

Gran Drewismo and tifoso2728 like this.