Cant see the point of an F car... | FerrariChat

Cant see the point of an F car...

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Azzuro, Oct 22, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Azzuro

Azzuro Karting

Nov 18, 2004
    Merseyside
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    After searching for a used 360 F1 for a few months now, and deliberating about the obvious limitation of such a purchase- (limitation of everyday use due to mileage considerations and impracticality, ownership costs, people thinking that you are driving it to show off) - instead I bought an M3 SMG! I dont care what you drive but there is nothing that will touch this car as an allrounder for £30K for a 2 year old under 25,000miles-NOTHING. You can drive it everyday, it has a proper boot, fold-down rear seats, sat nav, bulletproof build quality, its discrete, but the best thing about it is the drive. Absolutely amazing! So waht is the point of a Ferrari? There is only one reason - EGO! - but very few on this forum will admit it.
    PS I used to have a Testarossa- great to look at, even better to be seen in it but it was like driving a bus compared to this M3.

2. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    Hopefully you'll now bugger off to www.boringbmwchat.com and leave us and our ego's to our Ferrari's.

I've driven an M3 and it was ......... soooo boring. Then again it is basically a 3 series.

3. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Good luck with the German bomber!!! mine fura!!!!

4. Paul V

Paul V Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2005
    Shropshire (UK)
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Its not a Ego but a passion to own one or in my case passion to want to own one.

5. Azzuro

Azzuro Karting

Nov 18, 2004
    Merseyside
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    call it what you may but it will eat your 348 for breakfast! If your going to have a Ferrari at least have a proper one!

6. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Andrew

Its best if you just leave it, Youve obviously missed the point of why most own a Ferrari its not like a M3 ...admitted a great car but unfortunately just another M3.

Good luck

7. Azzuro

Azzuro Karting

Nov 18, 2004
    Merseyside
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I can understand Passion for the machine irrespective of whether it is a Ferrari or a Skyline. True passion is the satisfaction of driving a car just for the sheer thrill of driving. The reality is that some Ferraris are not that great to drive and when you factor in all their limitations, the only reason why people are Passionate about them is because they think they will attain Status by owning one. Buy the machine not the hype!

8. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    SMG is pants and the only 3 series worthy of the magic M badge is the E30. For £30k i'd have a 993 all day long.

9. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
  10. Paul V

Paul V Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2005
    Shropshire (UK)
    Full Name:
    Paul
    So you wanted a 360 for say £70-80 k and got a bmw 50 £30k mmm

I would have gon for a Evo FQ if you wanted all rounder wipe the floor with a M3 and the gear box would work

11. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Andrew,

Yes the M3 may be more practical than a Ferrari........but how many Ferrari's do you see day in day out.........there were 4-5 M3's (and 4 boxsters) within sight of what's cooking in Heswall last sunday, and only ONE Ferrari (only rember it as I'm trying to talk my younger brother out of swapping his 330ci for one) sometimes its not about showing off, but about doing something slighlty different (one of the reasons I wont swap my old purple Ruf 911 for a 996 or 997 even though they'd be far easier to live with)

When you feel like a change back to a Ferrari pop in to CSO in Neston for a chat

Regards

12. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    We understand that you don't have Ferrari passion but insulting those that do isn't the best way to get your point across.

I'm pleased for you that you've bought a car you really enjoy.

By all means share how much you like your car with us but maybe ease off with the criticisms of people you haven't met?

Anybody that knows me will confirm that my social status is somewhere between dung beetle and head lice, despite owning a Ferrari.

13. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    It's great you found a car you like better. If you were really happy, you'd be off enjoying your new car rather than wasting time to come back and diss'ing other people's rides on this forum. Seems like you're the one trying to prove something.

14. EK3R

EK3R Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Eric K
    As has been said you have totally missed the point of owning a Ferrari. I now own a car that dynamically is better than my 355 was, it will outperform it at all levels. Problem is it isn't a Ferrari. My 355 is the one car that has truly given me immense joy, and despite it trying to kill me it is the car I am still fondest of. I think either you get Ferrari or you don't. If I felt comfortable with another I would have had a 355 again over the 993 T4 - the only thing that stopped me is I don't trust them now which is a shame as the 993 will never have the soul of a Ferrari.

Also you seem to have been looking for the wrong car with the 360 - the point about it is that it isn't an everyday car for commuting, shopping, 20k miles a year. Also it is about £40k more than the car you bought.

Also I agree that a latest spec Impreza or Evo is an equal all rounder to the M3 plus its cheaper. Its not as if the M3 is 'special' as they are as common as seeing a Ford Focus these days. My mate has an E46 M3 cab SMG, and to be honest I find it very dull indeed.

15. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy

OK. Own up. Who is it? This has to be a wind up!

No one can type sh1te like that and be serious!!!

:D

PS. As you're from the Wirral....are you sure you did'nt steal the M3?

16. Azzuro

Azzuro Karting

Nov 18, 2004
    Merseyside
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Its not a car I like better, but an M3 is a car which is a better comprimise for me in my everday life. I decided that I wanted an everyday car, which I could park in NCP car parks, leave out on the street at night. If I was living in Monte Carlo the 360 would be just fine - but I dont. So rather than buy a garage queen car I bought something I can enjoy every day without hassle.

17. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG

Ahem we don't steal them............we employ people from over the water to do it for us :D

Maybe "Andrew" will give us a clue as to whether he does exist or is a figment of a dwarf trolls imagination

18. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    biggest load of **** i have read on here for ages why buy a juice gobling m3 why not buy a diesel as the speed limit 70mph they still have a boot and sat nav and fold down rear seats glad you got out of your testarossa as you are one of those look at me people to bull up your ego as we might all get mistaken as a ego person like you was but now you are a skint member in a posh reps car

19. Azzuro

Azzuro Karting

Nov 18, 2004
    Merseyside
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Andrew I prefer Terrace C to Whats Cooking. I also find Ego a little too noisy.

20. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    That'll do, the person I thought you may have been is far to cheap to eat at any of them, I could put you off Terrace C for life......it used to be an office I worked in and lets just say you don't want to know what I did in whats now the kitchen :D

21. andy355

andy355 Karting

Jul 18, 2004
    UK
    i went from a 355 to a merc sl55. Sure the merc is the better car overall but completely missing in the "x" factor that comes in spades with f-cars and for me also Masers and Lambos. German cars are just cars, tho M3 is a great car (dont agree with it being bulletproof, have heard the opposite from a couple of ex owners). Sure some people buy ferraris just for the attention they bring but enthusiasts like on this site would still be grinning from ear to ear driving their ferraris even if no one else could see them. My girlfriend who doesnt drive and knows nothing about cars (she thought my maser was a "marshall"!?! for about a month), used to love going out in the ferrari for the noise and the experience whereas she has no time for the merc at all.
    Ferraris have soul and every car enthusiast should aim to own one at least once in their lives.

22. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    woah woah wait! it isn't called a marshall? boy do i feel stupid

23. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    So you like the 360 just fine, except that the only reason to own one is ego, according to you. You are very confused, seek professional counseling.

24. stevew

stevew Formula 3

Jun 9, 2002
    uk
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Just got back from the pub and read this.What a completely pointless thread.This guy needs therapy :D

25. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    Your thoughts are noted but at the end of the day why post here?we have certainly had our comments of Ferraris shortcomings but in the end We still love the cars it would be better if You directed Your comments in a relevent BMW forum as You were always going to be flamed here,do not get Me wrong as I have always had issues with Ferrari but I wonder if You had gone onto a BMW forum and complained about them what kind of reaction You would have received there.
    Dave
    P.S.just remember how many BMWs You see on the road compared to Ferraris.