Car Crushers | FerrariChat

Car Crushers

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Baasha, Jul 3, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Baasha

Baasha Formula 3

Jun 20, 2004
    NorCal
    What's this shiet I hear about people's cars getting crushed if they are caught driving recklessly (i.e: speed>100mph)? Is that true? I mean, are the cars physically smashed by big ugly yellow monsters ("machines")? That sounds so ridiculous. It sounds like some Popo's are on a mad power trip! WTF is going on? If this is true, I shall never do 180mph again.. oops.. I mean 100 mph.

2. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    Yes, it's true. Los Angeles area has an ordinance where any driver caught racing or exhibition of speed will have their car impounded and scheduled to be crushed. You automaticly lose your car.

So far to date, they can sieze your car and your home... what's next?

3. DjTalya

DjTalya Rookie

Jul 7, 2005
    Pleasanton,ca
    Full Name:
    Casper
    holy crap..

4. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    The only reason keeping me from moving to Cali (I have many friends there) is the seemingly large hatred of cars by the government. Emission checks, large registration fees, limitation on modification of cars, and now car crushing?!?!?! WTF! I guess I'll just stay here in FL and deal with the humidity and no emission checks.