Car Trackers | FerrariChat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SavagePower

SavagePower Rookie

Jul 10, 2019
    UK
    I’m looking for the best tracker company to use on my newly secured 360 Spider. It will be garaged but I want to get a tracker fitted to it, or more than 1 if it’s done that way now a days.

You may think I’m mad getting a car like this after you read on but fulfilling a childhood dream is something I must do, and like everyone here I am thoroughly addicted to Ferrari. Already planning my 2nd, a classic likely 308 GTB or 328.

So having been car jacked at gun point twice for 2 lovely hot hatches (both EP3) years apart, I want to get a decent a decent tracker as my most recent EP3 had one but it was replaced 3 times in 9 years, so over to you. Let me know companies or go for an importantly those to avoid.

Online research so far has yielded little substantial info for me to make an fully informed decision.

Thanks in advance, SavagePower

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    First it sounds like you've got a car since your last threads so congratulations

I know trackers can be a personal choice but you might want to start by seeing if your insurers insist on anything and/or have a recommendation - you don't want to commit to one only to discover they don't approve it

3. SavagePower

SavagePower Rookie

Jul 10, 2019
    UK
    Well spotted on my other post! ;-) yes I’ve secured a lovely example and thanks!

Although they don’t insist on one(reputable make) I get a hefty discount by having one and all I have spoken with say the same.

Also any good insurance companies you know of? I also have a daily Volvo XC90 Polestar 2013 as the “throw it all in car” vehicle so could do dual policy.

Thanks again, SavagePower

4. SavagePower

SavagePower Rookie

Jul 10, 2019
    UK
    Awesome thanks.

5. I'm gone

I'm gone Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2006
    Phoenix,az
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I use trackimo. They have a car kit and 3g/ gps tracker for $238, one year free tracking then $5 per month for the cell plan after that. So far works great, I can see where my car is on my phone app at any time and get alerts if it moves.

6. SavagePower

SavagePower Rookie

Jul 10, 2019
    UK
    Thanks. I’m in the UK but I’ll see if they are available over here.

So far after hours of reading it may be the Trackstar S5 Advance + Immobilisation or the Tracker S5 Plus either way it’s going to be the best.

7. James Murdock

James Murdock Rookie

Mar 15, 2020
    UK
    Full Name:
    Big Jim
    Hi, I’m based in the Uk and just bought my first Ferrari, any possibility of getting some ideas on what tracker - insurance companies etc? Don’t collect until end of June so time to prepare. Cheers Jim