For Sale - Carbon Fiber Racing Seat Lifter 458/488/F12/812 | FerrariChat

For Sale Carbon Fiber Racing Seat Lifter 458/488/F12/812

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by bgs522, Sep 20, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bgs522

bgs522 Rookie

May 10, 2022
    KS
    Full Name:
    Brandon Shannon
    I have noticed that most of the racing seat lifters have cracks in them. There is a guy that makes carbon fiber parts and made 3 options that are solid carbon and will look better and not have the cracks the factory ones have. Seeing if anyone wants to go in on an order? They fit 458/488/Pista/F12/812... I'm sure most other newer models as well.

Gloss Carbon:$999
    Matte Carbon: $999
    Carbon Composite: $599 ( paint to match seat)

If there are enough on the order we can probably get a group discount. Message me or respond to the post.

joseph likes this.
  2. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    They are more than a plastic piece. They have metal backing and support for the torque that is applied during use (especially the bolt hole that is has a square fitting). It's is around the circumference of the center extending partial through the arm.
    I'm not trying to side track your thread but there is more to it than making them out of carbon fiber.

3. bgs522

bgs522 Rookie

May 10, 2022
    KS
    Full Name:
    Brandon Shannon
    Yes, all of that is already designed and tested on an 812. So don't lose any sleep as they were engineered properly.

4. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Interesting. It would go well with my F8’s race seats. $1,000? Hum?

5. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    I recommend posting this in the 458/488 forum where it will get more attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    Yeah,,, not losing sleep over it because I think over time, the product you're pushing, not selling, will fail. Ferrari has upgraded this part and the factory ones are good now. They are around $200 on europares.
    I'm let people know that the factory part is not just a plastic piece and there is a lot more involved than making it out of carbon.
    Actually, this post really shouldn't be on this board you're not selling anything.

7. bgs522

bgs522 Rookie

May 10, 2022
    KS
    Full Name:
    Brandon Shannon
    Ferrari's OEM has not improved, I worked at a Ferrari store and there are still issues on the pieces on new models with little to no miles. As far as quality of the ones I have tested, they performed perfectly well. I was speaking with the manufacturer and with an order of 20 or more we can get the pricing down 30%, so as I am not selling them, I am seeing if anyone would be interested in ordering with me to get a group discount. It sounds like you are skeptical, you probably shouldn't order then.

8. bgs522

bgs522 Rookie

May 10, 2022
    KS
    Full Name:
    Brandon Shannon
    I believe they are the same on the F8, if we get 20 or more ordered they will do a 30% discount.

9. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
  10. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM

Yup..I am skeptical... Especially when a member has 5 post since joining and wanting people to go in on a $1000.oo carbon seat leaver without any info, pictures whatsoever.
    I have the old part and installed the new part. It's more than having it made from carbon. Why don't you post some pertinent information and pictures. :rolleyes: who is "they" why keep the manufacture a secret.

blkdiablo33 and Viperjoe like this.
  11. bgs522

bgs522 Rookie

May 10, 2022
    KS
    Full Name:
    Brandon Shannon
    I am working on getting the photo's of the gloss and matte. The manufacturer is Tailwag, he mainly does parts for McLaren's. The Ferrari store in STL has 3 of the carbon composite in stock. I can work on getting a photo of those from them.

I will keep in mind that the number of posts equals validity

12. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    When you say "Ferrari store" do you mean the official dealer? What do you mean by "Ferrari store" . Tailwag? Is this his website?
    http://tailwag.bigcartel.com
    Does he actually manufacture the part or 3rd part the part from China. Where is the business located?

Also, your comments on the number of post tells me the lack of understanding you have on this classified section . Still, more than a week and you have not given us any product info.

13. bgs522

bgs522 Rookie

May 10, 2022
    KS
    Full Name:
    Brandon Shannon
    Sorry...."Official Ferrari Dealer" ...with your snarky comments, I didn't think I would have to spell that out for you, glad I could help!!!

I just reached out to get photos of the gloss and matte. Yes that is the correct website you found...As far as the rest of the information, you will not be ordering anything so please move on....

14. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    You're not very informative. I'm asking for pretty basic information here.
    Again, is he manufacturing the part himself?...or is it from China. I don't think I'm asking much before I throw my $1000. :cool: