Sold - Carrera GT late 2005 | FerrariChat

Sold Carrera GT late 2005

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Dansc, Oct 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dansc

Dansc Rookie

Jul 22, 2009
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Hello,

I am considering selling my CGT 11/2005. I am in Germany but car is a US spec car and was in the US before so to reimport is not an issue and can be done (as far as I know at a low cost). Front bumper would be changed back to US spec by me if buyer wants this to be done.

Has approx. 9000 miles. and clutch was just done new before I bought the car and the former owner spent around $50k just on Service and clutch etc. so really nice car and everything completely done at the moment.

Can send clear Carfax when it was still in the US and service history while it was in Germany. Car runs perfect.

Price: $1.100.000 ex works Germany

2. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
  3. schumacherf2006

schumacherf2006 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
    WOOOW

ZF123 likes this.
  4. Anthony Rumeo

Anthony Rumeo Rookie

Apr 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Anthony Rumeo
    I’m very interested. Can you contact me ? I’m also presently in Frankfurt until tomorrow. If you’re local I could come see it.

[email protected]

5. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Your IP is California.

6. Anthony Rumeo

Anthony Rumeo Rookie

Apr 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Anthony Rumeo
    not that it’s you business but I’m presently in Frankfurt I don’t know about IP. If the original poster could contact me I’d appreciate it
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    It is my business, I mod the classifieds and we've had some scamming activity. You're posting from an AT&T wireless device in Los Angeles.

8. Anthony Rumeo

Anthony Rumeo Rookie

Apr 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Anthony Rumeo
    No I’m not. I’m posting fr Frankfurt as I said.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

RossoCorsaItaly and GatorFL like this.
  9. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    #11 rocketman, Nov 5, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
    Apologies if it's legit but can you take that same picture holding a sign or todays newspaper with todays day, date and time.

10. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    #12 rocketman, Nov 7, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
    I rest my case regarding how bogus new "members" with only one or two posts are screwing up the "For Sale" ads on F-chat.
    Every single time I have received a reply from one of these imposters in an ad I have personally placed, it has turned out to be bogus ( over the years there have been many ).
    Perhaps one of the moderators can figure out a way to stop this type of activity that winds up wasting everyone's time.
    In the interest of improving this website @GatorFL read the comments from post #24 onwards in the following thread for some incite and perspective - https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/2020-ferrari-portofino-original-owner-mint.645821/

ewright and PeterS like this.
  11. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Notice that he has not responded to this.

rocketman likes this.
  12. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    Didn't expect there to be one from the imposter.
    However, I did expect there to be one from Duane @GatorFL

13. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Respond to what? He posted a picture of himself in Frankfort. And for all we know has been in contact with the OP about the CGT.

You can google his name, the photo matches his name and he seems to be a car broker. What else do you need?

Yes there are a lot of fake (all over the internet, not just fchat) but usually they dont have a picture of them that matches the rest of the their internet footprint.

Maybe he posted from his phone while using data and not wifi. Who knows.

14. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    he could also have a VPN on his from for work. My work phone shows an IP address in California 99.9% of the time even if I'm sitting at a hotel in Tokyo. I can't turn it off.

15. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Holding today’s paper ? Better yet just google his name and you’ll see him holding a plate next to a Carrera GT he purchased a week ago in which he tagged a salesman from WeAreCurated in the photo who also follows him back on IG.

Some of you lack common sense, just because someone isn’t going to play your circus games doesn’t mean you busted some fraudster in a vigilante manner. In most cases the new profile with mismatched IP would indicate fraud but this gentleman has enough of a record online combined with the Hilton Frankfurt photo that anyone with common sense can realize he is authentic.

Not only is Mr. Rumeo legitimate, but he is also clearly a legitimate CGT buyer.

If this was my thread I would be disappointed that non buyers potentially pushed away a serious buyer.

AtomicPunk88, Boots, 1mean3 and 9 others like this.
  16. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    I did some other research and was satisfied with Anthony's picture at the Hilton. He's legit.

@Dansc if you want to make a new thread I can delete this one.

technom3 likes this.
  17. Dansc

Dansc Rookie

Jul 22, 2009
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I will when I have the new bumper on and so on. Then we can start fresh. I am also considering importing the car to the US myself as this is new for some of the potential buyers.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

technom3 likes this.
  18. Dansc

Dansc Rookie

Jul 22, 2009
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Sale pending

19633500GT, Gle8 and GatorFL like this.
  19. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    Funny, My first ever post to fchat 20 years ago went the same route, I was grilled as being fake, asked to post "today's newspaper" with me in the pic etc. Looking back I have made some great friends on fchat however that still kind of pisses me off.

20. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I totally get why you could get pissed but honestly... There gas been a lot of scammers come through and they do a good job of running them off. Unfortunately I think it is a nessecary evil.

JasonMiller likes this.
  21. Dansc

Dansc Rookie

Jul 22, 2009
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Car is sold!
    It actually sold to Anthony. Car will be leaving Germany soon.
    Thanks

22. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Congrats. I guess certain users who questioned the veracity of Anthony’s posts owe him apology.

23. Dansc

Dansc Rookie

Jul 22, 2009
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I think it is always good to be extra careful and I would rather be warned and be careful than getting in trouble.
    But yes in this case Anthony flew to Germany to look at may car and transaction was smooth so I can recommend him.

mkraft3003 and GatorFL like this.