Cars on the Streets During Monterey Car Week | FerrariChat

Cars on the Streets During Monterey Car Week

Discussion in 'Events Discussion' started by NYC Fred, Aug 22, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    I completely agree with your observations. I just wish the drivers of those hypercars would have some consideration in residential neighborhoods and restrain themselves to something remotely close to the speed limit (eg, 40-45mph max in Pebble which almost entirely has 25mph speed limits). I live in Pebble Beach in a neighborhood of modest homes and I heard so many of those cars, easily distinguished by the higher pitched engine sounds, tearing up the local roads. I'd like to see them all put in jail for reckless driving. Note that I own a 458 Italia, but I don't drive it aggressively in residential neighborhoods out of respect for the residents. If you want to drive like that, find a deserted road away from houses or go to the track.

Llenroc, Circle K, TTR and 3 others like this.
  2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    One of my favorite, and cheap, things to do during Car Week is to watch the Soft Parade go by. I once stayed at a hotel in Seaside. As I was leaving, a 250 SWB roared up to the entrance of the hotel. The driver jumped out and ran into the hotel. A few minutes later, he jumped back into the car and roared off to the track. Maybe he forgot his 10 millimeter socket.

energy88 likes this.
  3. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    I agree, but wannabe Instaspam and Utube posers just can’t help themselves and their constantly growing presence in Monterey during the car week has made attendance of it all less and less enjoyable for years already.

JAM1 likes this.
  4. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005