Palm Beach Cavallino Classic | Page 21 | FerrariChat

Palm Beach Cavallino Classic

Discussion in 'Events Discussion' started by amenasce, Aug 29, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Perhaps FCA could consider dividing their Awards (=Platinum, Gold, Silver) into something similar to practices of AACA, in which a car must first be judged & win a “Junior” (perhaps something equal to a local FCA Platinum ?), then same with a “Senior” (= perhaps equal to a regional “Platinum” ?) before it can even get judged at “Grand Nationals” (equal to FCA Nationals/Annual Experience).
    Kind of like a Platinum win at FCA Nationals is required before a car + owner can try for a CBM, which in turn is required having been achieved prior to trying out for a CGT.

OTOH, having seen enough cars awarded with Platinum, including many at Cavallino or FCA Nationals, that I personally wouldn’t think worthy of a Gold or even Silver, I don’t put much weight on one as a significant achievement(?).
    Kind of like I've never been impressed if someone tells me their car, one time or another, used to be owned, was leaned on or sat in by some So-and-So. Well, whoopty-doo !?!

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I think Platinum cars are special. It isn't like people are taking their rough cars to be judged. Someone pretty much knows before they enter if it will have a good shot at Platinum.

FerrfanFL, AandSC and Texas Forever like this.
  3. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall

Probably because despite your very brief experience you have no real understanding of what we do.
    Your comments have generally reflected that over time.

Nembo1777, JAM1, AandSC and 1 other person like this.
  4. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    With all due respect, I might understand more than you realize, but not necessarily agreeing with all of it.

I certainly understand there’s much more to judging than most participants or outside observers realize and partially why I became disillusioned about much of it.
    OTOH, same can probably be applied to any/many other brand concourse’s and even judged competitions in many non-automotive fields.

5. bertdeboer340

bertdeboer340 Formula 3

Sep 16, 2003
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert de Boer
    I 'm looking for pictures from the 340 Americas 0116/A (with #16) and 0118/A (with #17), at least I think it's 0118/A. If you have some pictures and would share them with me in high resolution please send them to [email protected]

6. dim

dim Karting

Nov 5, 2003
  7. FerrfanFL

FerrfanFL Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 8, 2021
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ara
    couldn't agree with this more....i didn't see any "turds" at the show. They were all on a very high level of preparedness and appearance....

Texas Forever likes this.
  8. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    I take it you haven’t been to many judged concours shows, including those dedicated to Ferraris and/or featuring Platinum, Gold, Silver award scoring ?
    That said, while it’s quite rare to see “beaters” or “turds” submitted for judging, it isn’t that rare when one has to still wonder about the knowledge and high score expectations of some entries.

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Cavallino, FCA Nationals, Regionals, Pebble Beach, Concorso Italiano.

The simple point is go to local C&C events if you want to see average Ferraris. If you go to national events they might not all be Platinum worthy cars, but they do attract the cream of the crop to begin with.

Texas Forever and Edward 96GTS like this.
  10. bertdeboer340

bertdeboer340 Formula 3

Sep 16, 2003
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert de Boer
  11. simchanova

simchanova Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 3, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    I absolutely LOVE judging!I consider it an honor and privilege that I NEVER take lightly!It gets me up close and personal with the cars and people I love so much!Its opened up a fabulous world for me in that I’ve met and established relationships/friendships with people of character that I am continually GRATEFUL for.The only “drawback”-if one considers this-is that it gets expensive.Judges,for the most part,foot their own bill(airfare,rental car,hotel bill,food,etc).However,I will continue to judge wherever and whenever as long as I live!-its vital to my well being!,ciao and great health and well being to ALL!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

NYC Fred, 67bmer, wiley355 and 9 others like this.
  12. gtjoey

gtjoey Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2014
    Very,Very nice........
    gtjoey1314

simchanova likes this.
  13. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Sad to see 0483SA displayed right in front of an outhouse.

14. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    the dark red looks outstanding on all the cars.
    the bright blue daytona seems to be off color. any deductions for missing the correct formula?

15. garybobileff

garybobileff Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 5, 2004
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Actually, the two pictures look very different on this Daytona, the lower picture is the correct look, as it is Blue Dino Metallizzatto, the original color for this car. This is car # 14867, a typo A.
    Gary Bobileff

ggjjr and BigTex like this.
  16. Sharknose

Sharknose Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2004
    Pennsylvania
    It's too bad they don't make time for the great unwashed masses to attend. The organizers could set aside time for paid admission with the proceeds donated to charity. I know the schedule is tight but non-owner enthusiasts could at least get a peek.