Cavallio back issues | FerrariChat

Cavallio back issues

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by fasthound, Nov 23, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fasthound

fasthound Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 23, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  2. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    Given the justifiable skepticism about eBay, thought I'd just chime in to say that I know fasthound is indeed a real live person who has been a Ferrari fanatic for years.

Cheers, Will

3. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    so glad you posted here...i would have never found that on EBay

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    $ 1,535. Does that make any sense? Is that a good deal? Can somebody pls comment, I have no idea.

Could one just have ordered all these as reprints and what would that have cost? Just curious.

PS: I just signed up with them again and got a free reprint of #1 as a gift. I'm not that much of a Cavallino fan, but figured one probably should have this subscription too.

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    The early issues 1-20 are now quite rare. When I first subscribed to Cavallino, 1990 or so I was able to get all the way back to #11 without going crazy on $$$.

Even at that time I saw original #1,2, & 3 auctioned for $625.00US

Only #1 is availble as reprint. You have to want to read the #2 on REALLY BAD to pay what they want for them now. That's why a FULL set of Cav's is now worth $4K or so.

I'm in Issue #133 with The World's Fastest Art Car. I stepped on it in the dark the other night and wrinkled the cover! :(

6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Are you the winning bidder Coachi???? Good show! That was a good deal.

7. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    yes, I now have three full sets of cavallino, two with # 1 reprints and one with original....I guess if I sell either of the two sets it will be without the original...:)