CD Manuals | FerrariChat

CD Manuals

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by RussF, Mar 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RussF

RussF Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Washington
    Does anyone have some thoughts on the value of the CDs incorporating manuals parts lists etc. Are they comprehensive, user friendly etc.

2. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Have heard that the files on these discks are usually the same FREE ones avaiable at the Ferrari Owners website. Why pay for something that is avaiable for free?

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

3. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    there seem to be three flavors of these that show up online.

the first are direct burns of the user manuals available for free download off the owners site. they list for a few tens of dollars.

the second seem to be direct burns of the user manuals available for free download off the owners site, but the lister claims they aren't - they're better. they list for a few tens of dollars.

my assumption is that the above are not useful, though i can be convinced otherwise, fwiw.

the third are scans and other lifts of the actual parts catalogs and workshop manuals burned onto CDROM as PDFs. these sell for three figures, primarily via a former sponsor of this board. the vast majority of them are NOT text searchable, which makes them merely "more convenient" than the paper versions. the later ones are searchable (of course paper isn't auto-searchable either).

you can often just ask on this board - and somebody has what you want and will often be happy to look it up for you.

fwiw, i'm looking for a copy of the 550 parts catalog - if anybody has a paper or cdrom copy they'd care to share.

doody.

4. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

I've got all three types mentioned by Mr. Doody.

The biggest problem is their sheer size. A 400 page manual takes near 200meg because it's all scanned images that have been PDF'd together. Serious PITA to work with -- but still better than carrying an original shop manual into a messy garage. "Thumbing" through pages on these PDF's on my junky shop-laptop can be painful -- each page takes about 5-7 seconds to render.

348 Workshop Manual 460pps = 267 meg (from P.O.)
    348 Technical Manual 142 pps = 12 meg (from Owners site)
    348 Owners Manual (all models, all years) = 2000 pps = 202 meg (from eBay)

still needed... 1990 348ts Parts Manual.

-Daniel

5. malibumk

malibumk Karting

May 14, 2002
    Malibu, CA
    Full Name:
    Mike Klein
    I have the big, PDF version of the 355 Workshop and Parts manuals. They cost me $400 altogether and have proven invaluable and comprehensive.

From my hands-on perspective they are invaluable. But even for the non-DYI type, some "knowledge" will go a long, long way toward managing your shop/mechanic. Again...probably paying for itself in very short order....in $$$ and in peace-of-mind.

I no longer need my 355 books as I've now have a 360....in case one of you are interested.

And also, I have a corresponding need for 360 manuals.

Mike

6. zan

zan Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2002
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Mark M
    Doody, I have it on CD. I'll make you one
    Mark

7. Diablo

Diablo Formula Junior

OEM CD manuals will require a key(parallel connector) to unlock the manual.
    They are very comprhensive, but you have to be a dealer to get the key.

Other than that,the stuff on the net is okay enough.

8. delaney

delaney Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    St Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    PETER DELANEY
    I'm interested in the pdf's. Pease drop me a note.

Pete

9. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Anyone have a complete workshop manual for a 78 308 GTs ?

I have the one from the previously mentioned site but it is missing about half the sections.

10. malibumk

malibumk Karting

May 14, 2002
    Malibu, CA
    Full Name:
    Mike Klein
    Anyone have 360 pdf manuals and parts list I could get a copy of? Would very much appreciate your help.
    Mike

11. dapper

dapper Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I am seriously considering going for the DIY engine out job, primarilly cambelt but also other belts and bearings etc, does anyone have e-copies of the above they no longer require that I could purchase or that they could burn off and chuck my way.

I intend to do a full digital picture library and write up of the cambelt job for all to share.

12. gerritv

gerritv Formula 3

Jun 18, 2001
    St Catharines
    Full Name:
    Gerrit
    The carb manual is same as 308GT4. You can pull it from http://dino308gt4.com

Gerrit
    http://dino308gt4.com

13. kinnie

kinnie Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2003
    Belgium - Aarschot
    Full Name:
    Kinnie Van Gelder
    Hey pdf-guy's ;-) ,

I'm alsoo interested in the manuals and most of all in the parts manuals. I do have a few of them but not all. When somebody has some manuals let me know. It would be great for me to trade them.

Thanks,
    Kinnie,
    www.ferrariparts.tk

14. speedball

speedball Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    Pasadena Area
    Full Name:
    Scot Anderson
    I have a hard copy (paper) factory service manual for the 550 (2 large binders) and the (Service time schedule) binder and (Spare Parts Catalogue) which shows all the body components with part numbers and how they fit together .. Only section missing is the "M" section (Body section) which I'm told isn't available ..... cost me over $ 1,200 for these four factory binders. Does anyone have a section "m" for a 550?

If you're in the Los Angeles area ... will be happy to allow you to take these to Kinko's to make your own set ..... plan on a few hours on the copy machine and several hundred dollars in copier costs. Probably 1,200 double sided pages total.