Buy

Changing air-conditioning 360 F1

Discussion in '360/430' started by Ogeff, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Ogeff

Ogeff Rookie

Apr 24, 2021
    Luxembourg
    Full Name:
    Geoffroy Aïn
    Hello all Ferrari lovers,

After three years of not running my 360 F1 I did a check at Ferrari garage to see if anything needed to be changed on my car.
    It appears the compressor for the air-conditioning is dead, and Ferrari told me it's gonna be 8000€ (I live in luxembourg) to replace it.
    The price kinda hit me as I think it's really high for the piece. I asked to have the ref of the pieces I need to get changed and it seems like I can find it on several official repair shop website for 170€ on average.
    Meaning the cost of changing it is 7.500€ or more ..

Does anyone know if it's really taking 40hours of work to change it?
    I'm not a mechanic so I won't change it myself of course, but I wanted to know if anyone else had this issue and the price charged was the same or no.

Also, if someone knows a place nearby (living in luxembourg i can go in France/Belgium/Germany) to change it for a smaller price it would be nice.

Summer is coming and I really need it to survive

Thank you all!

Ogeff

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. FLY360

FLY360 Rookie

Aug 4, 2015
    FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Orndoff
    The bill to replace mine shows 4 hours labor.

Qavion likes this.
  4. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    And you can have the compressor rebuilt for under $1000 US. I am not sure where in the EU but some here probably have that information and will offer it up.

5. Ogeff

Ogeff Rookie

Apr 24, 2021
    Luxembourg
    Full Name:
    Geoffroy Aïn
    Thank you guys for your answers.
    In fact they just gave me the price of 8.000€ to replace it and so I assume, as the piece is around 150€ (let's say 300€ because Ferrari double the price of everything) so it means there is 7700€ left, so if it takes 4 hours to do so, it's almost 2000€ an hour for a mechanic there to replace it

I will just wait and see if I got more info from other person in order to know where to go to change it.

I have an appointment to Ferrari on Saturday for something else so gonna see again with them why it's so expensive.

Thanks

6. one4torque

one4torque Formula 3

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Just had my compressor rebuilt for $300

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Don’t pay those ridiculous prices. The A/C system is the same in all cars. The compressor is easily reachable once you remove the bottom pan.
    Find a competent mechanic that services A/C units and they can do it for you.

9. one4torque

one4torque Formula 3

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    360 ac compressor is a Delphi v5…. Intervals the same as a similar year gm product. The outer case is unique to Ferrari. I had mine rebuilt by a place that rebuilds gm compressors.

10. smin9870

smin9870 Karting

Mar 6, 2011
    CT
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I also had mine take out, sent for rebuild and reinstalled. I think it was <$1,000 USD.

11. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Part of the problem with your math is that the Ferrari part is probably 3000€ not 300€ and it could e even more since they are scarce now.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Ogeff

Ogeff Rookie

Apr 24, 2021
    Luxembourg
    Full Name:
    Geoffroy Aïn
    Well, my math ain't wrong as I got the right serial number from Ferrari so I have the exact ref for the piece so...
    And Ferrari doesn't build any parts of the car except engine, all the rest is made by others so...

But anyway ok I will follow the others comment and find another repair shop :)

Best,

Geoffroy

14. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Well good luck then. You know everything about it.
    https://www.scuderiacarparts.com/part/11790/ferrari/180041/air-conditioning-compressor.html

15. Penzinger

Penzinger Karting

Jul 13, 2019
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Heinz
    Skidkid likes this.
  16. RedTaxi

RedTaxi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    I had my compressor out (or at least dangling) when I did my headers. Probably less than 20 mins once the tray is off.