Charging a CS safely? | FerrariChat

Charging a CS safely?

Discussion in '360/430' started by ifeelfree0, Jan 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ifeelfree0

ifeelfree0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    Medina, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dan
    This may be paranoia on my part however I never had a car where the battery is behind the passenger footwell. In keeping the tender on it for the winter slumber, is their enough ventilation for the battery (AGM) if I keep the factory cover on the car over the winter. Window is vented,per manual. Should I keep the cover off and window open? I just bought a CTEK charger so I can use the dongle feature and the manual scared the crap out of me. Welcome the comments.

2. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    AGM batteries are sealed, but can still release gas if overcharged, I highly doubt your car cover is air tight, I would imagine that a slightly open window would be just fine. The CTEK should shut itself down in an overcharging situation, and I'm assuming it has a snowflake mode.

3. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    SW Suburbs of Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    I leave mine on the CTEK, with windows closed and the cover on any time it is parked. Absolutely, no problems. Agree with RedNeck, above.

Oengus likes this.
  4. ifeelfree0

ifeelfree0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    Medina, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Good for me- thanks guys

5. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    I left the windows open when I stored my car for a few months each summer (with the charger plugged in). Didn't have any issues.