Cheating at weight loss with cleanses and other "products/pills" etc. | FerrariChat

Cheating at weight loss with cleanses and other "products/pills" etc.

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Tim1137, Sep 20, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tim1137

Tim1137 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2011
    Providence - Boston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    So im part of a couple other forums with active Health and Fitness sections so I might as well join in here!

Who has used with success any "cheating" method of weight loss? Discuss any sort of product you have used that has rapidly accelerated your weight loss with minimal exercise and eating habit change. Anything from weight loss pills, drinks, cleanses etc. I'm more interested in weight loss accellerants and not just suppliments to meals like "weight loss shakes" such as right size smoothie

Im ready to try my first "cheating" method and want to hear others opinions. Diet and exercise alone just are not giving me the results I want.

2. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    In February I started taking cold showers twice a day for five minutes, six days a week, and it seemed to dramatically increase the rate of fat loss. The first week or so was brutal, but then I almost looked forward to it.

3. Tim1137

Tim1137 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2011
    Providence - Boston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Really? I had never heard of that. How did you find that information? I wonder what the reasoning is

4. Xcheckme

Xcheckme Formula 3

May 10, 2011
    Tampa Bay
    Full Name:
    Lukas
    In theory, achieving weight loss is quite simple: You either need to reduce your caloric intake, or you need to use more calories by moving more/being more active (i.e. exercise). If your goal is to simply lose weight, the source of the fuel you provide your body with is really not that important; a calorie is a calorie is a calorie – regardless if it is from proteins, carbohydrates or fats. In other words if you would eat the same things you already are, but cut your portion size by 20%, you will lose weight.

Based on your post, you don’t really feel that you can/want to go the route of exercising or eating less. I don’t think that there are any over the counter “pills/drinks/cleanses” that actually work unless you are also changing your eating or exercise habits. Some of these things might work well as an appetite suppressant, or provide you with some more energy (IMHO these supplements are either wasting a lot of $$$, or worse could be hazardous to your health) but there is no magic potion, unless…….
    ……you are willing to use “supplements” that require a prescription. Most anabolic steroids work great as fat burners and if taken properly pose minimal health risks. Talk to your doctor about this or visit one of those “anti-aging” clinics that are popping up all over the place.

Best of luck – feel free to PM me if you have specific questions.

5. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I find that eating less and exercising more seems to work, as gimicky as that might sound.

I'm planning a book and series of infomercials.

;)

Jedi

6. Xcheckme

Xcheckme Formula 3

May 10, 2011
    Tampa Bay
    Full Name:
    Lukas
    This is astonishing......after years of research I've come to the same revolutionary conclusion. We should pool our talents to start working on those infomercials

7. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    I will gladly volunteer to be the prop for the "before" pics on the infomercial.

8. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    You guys are crazy with you diet and exercise talk. Raspberry ketones..wait, no I meant Acai berry juice..wait, no I meant Metabolix Super Stuff..wait, no I meant...

Unless you are parked on the couch, I think it is even more about diet than exercise. I was parked in the mid 190's and working out daily. Had to go gluten free, which cut both crap and calories out of my diet, and I am now 165.

9. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    the biggest secret used by Hollywood Celebrities....Tapeworms.

Thats right. They voluntarily ingest tape worms. You can eat like a hog whenever you would like knowing your little tapeworm is hard at work.

Oh sure eventually you will have to crap that little buddy out. Small price to pay for a work out free food free for all.

10. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I know, it sounds crazy! I practiced good nutrition as well, of course. The program I followed, nutrition and cold showers, is found in Tim Ferriss' 4-Hour Body. It's a "slow carb" nutritional program.

Here is an interesting video...

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/brr-frigid-temps-lead-weight-loss/story?id=12402127#.UF5kAo5uGFI

I just took cold showers, no ice baths, or walking outside in the cold.

11. brock328

brock328 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2011
    Niagara, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I will try not to be too wordy, however, this is a very important topic not only for weight loss but overall health.

First let me say that cleansing for weight loss is not "cheating".

For most people struggling with being over-weight trying anything to lose the extra pounds is a constant challenge.

The cleansing approach should not be used as a long term plan, however, for many it is a great jump-start to meaningful weight loss.

If you have never cleansed then consider the condition of your intestinal tract, over a period of time, many years for some, your digestive system is forced to deal with chemicals and toxins that it cannot breakdown or process.

Eventually this waste build-up begins to prevent your body from utilizing the nutrients from the foods consumed because the build-up along the intestinal walls prevents the blood stream from receiving and carrying the nutrients.

This is similar to the build-up of arterial plaque which can lead to athero or arteriosclerosis, only in the intestinal tract, which can lead to other health issues.

Cleansing properly helps with the safe and effective removal of the waste and toxins that has accumulated over time and allows the organs and body to achieve overall improved health and in many cases weight loss.

"In a world where dietary choices are poor, environmental pollution is heavy, stress levels are high, and exercise is often a last priority, internal cleansing is more important than ever for optimum health."*

A clean, properly functioning bowel is paramount to our well-being.* Dr. Bernard Jensen, nutritionist, lecturer and author of over 30 books on natural health care, states this best:*

"Every cell and tissue in the body is fed by the bloodstream, which is supplied by the bowel. When the bowel is dirty, the blood is dirty and so are the organs and tissues. It is the bowel that must be cared for first before any effective healing can take place."

There are other documented approaches (scientifically and clinically) to assist with weight loss but cleansing should be the first step.

Sorry for the lengthy response, hope this helps.

Mike

12. Ferraribot

Ferraribot F1 Veteran

If you want to cleanse just drink a lot of water and take laxitives. I guarantee you'll lose weight. :)

13. Tim1137

Tim1137 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2011
    Providence - Boston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I'm going to try a weekend cleanse in two weekends from now. (next weekend is a drinking weekend ;-) ) And see how it does. A couple pound jump would be nice, and I'm sure I'll feel much better afterwards.

Reason I started this thread is not because I'm lazy, but because a normal diet and exercise aren't producing results anymore. I think "plateau" is what most people call it. I cant cut my diet down any further because I need enough to function, and my exercise routine(s) are already taxing enough on me.

14. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Creatine...along with an exercise program...and Pasta!
    There is not a professional athlete not on it..

Read up and know the supposed risks...but prepare to get ripped!

I have been on and off cycles for 3 months now...

Potent Stuff..Yes...my biceps appear to have doubled in size, and the excess that was around my waist appears to be moving North..

I had been in Gym for 12 months prior to this creatine start point , and well ready for increased stregnth...It came quickly..

15. Tim1137

Tim1137 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2011
    Providence - Boston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Yah see im not looking to "build" huge muscles. My weight training is more to just gain a small amount of muscle mass to eat fat faster.

16. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Believe it or not...Its not about building Muscle....In the end when you stop Creatine,..the water content in your muscles go away...you shrink somewhat..
    What Creatine is about is the added strength...you borrow in order to achieve the goals you set...Its like borrowing a supercharger to go to the drags, winning your class , and then returning to your normally aspirated self...just a little better off though..

So....Creatine is a mental Catylist for me as well, to sort out and correct my flaws..
    I am told the gain in power is about 30%...when you stop it drops, but because of the routines that you aquired..you are still 10 to 20 % ahead of what you would have been if you had not touched it..Catylist is the word...the results are achieved!

Remember its ONLY the last few reps in an exersize that count..Creatine allows more of those last few to happen.

17. Xcheckme

Xcheckme Formula 3

May 10, 2011
    Tampa Bay
    Full Name:
    Lukas
    Outstanding - I truly hope that you don't actually believe your own comments.

18. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
  19. Xcheckme

Xcheckme Formula 3

May 10, 2011
    Tampa Bay
    Full Name:
    Lukas
  20. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    What is this High school show and Tell..Get a Life!

I have nothing to prove to anyone....
    I stand behind what I said.
    It is a fact that Creatine..helps the muscle retain water..the water is what gives the muscle more size and strength.
    It Works...I am not the First!

Like I said, Just the Facts Rookie!

Read it and Weep

http://www.livestrong.com/article/516023-how-to-gain-biceps-with-protein-or-creatine/

21. Schimpf

Schimpf Karting

Jul 20, 2005
    CO
    Full Name:
    Schimpf
    the way my chemist friend explained creatine was it was a filler that would never combine with any cells & which explains why those who stop taking it look like they're full of water. A walking example for me is a relative a mine.

22. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Just the opposite..when you stop taking it , you stop retaining water and return to your developed lean muscle.

its a win win..

However it is not for everybody 4 sure!

23. Xcheckme

Xcheckme Formula 3

May 10, 2011
    Tampa Bay
    Full Name:
    Lukas
    Why do you keep posting useless links? I know exactly how creatine is supposed to work - I owned a couple of health clubs in the mid 90ies when creatine first became popular.

My issue is simply with you making unsubstantiated claims (doubling arm size, 30% strength increase) - not even the supplement manufacturers are making these claims.

Then again, you've only been working out for a little over a year, so you should make some decent gains ....but they have nothing to do with creatine. Besides, the OP was asking about weight loss.

Good for you if the stuff works for you - you obviously must be a freak of nature and genetically very gifted to make these kinds of gains. But I have been in this game way too long and heard too many people that think a gym membership gives them the authority to give workout advice. Not high school show and tell: You posted a bunch of unsubstantiated bs and I called you on it.

I used to powerlift competitevly in the 90ies - haven been lifting since 1986 and still take bodybuilding quite seriously. Even after all those years I am sure there are plenty of people on fchat that I could learn a thing or two from when it comes to building muscle. But you most certainly aren't one of them.

24. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    OK now I get it., Goody for you Mr. Ex Muscle Club book of knowledge..Your continued rant is to show off your egotistical knowledge of bodybuilding...Whoa! Yippee

Get it straight...NEVER said Doubles...said Appears.
    30% increase is the added reps one adds to his routine.
    So whats your problem..
    OP asked how to cheat at losing weight...Thats how I did it.
    I have lifted weights my entire life as well, only in the last year a new regimented program began.
    You have a bone to pic with someone find someone one else.

25. Happyday

Happyday Rookie

Oct 11, 2012
    My friend took up a slimming program TRA, i have seen him losing weight after the 3 months program. He looks good now and looks much younger in the slimmer him. According to him, there is no side effect as the program targets the fats and build muscles. Quite impressive i must say.