Chinese 2019: Pre-race news | FerrariChat

Chinese 2019: Pre-race news

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Apr 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  2. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  3. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    So, it’s r....r.....race 1000! Special series for stammerers! That logo gets right on my nerves, every time I see it it just doesn’t make sense

4. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/142591/gasly-wants-better-setup-direction-from-red-bull

Pierre Gasly feels he needs better direction from his Red Bull Formula 1 team to help fix the struggles he is having with the handling of its RB15 2019 challenger.

Gasly has had a difficult start to his Red Bull career after crashing twice in pre-season testing and then during a frustrating opening weekend in Australia where he qualified 17th and finished 11th.

He earned his first points of 2019 last weekend in Bahrain with eighth place, but Gasly insists that there is much more to come once he is fully comfortable with the car.

His team mate Max Verstappen finished third and fourth in the opening two races.

"I need to find some direction with the set-up and see how the engineers can help me to make it feel more suitable to my driving," Gasly told Autosport.

"And also see what I can improve in terms of driving style. I still feel like I cannot really do what I want inside the car.

"It's just the fact that at the moment I just feel that I cannot really push, and the car doesn't react as I would expect.

"There is more potential, but we need see how we can unlock it."

While eighth in Bahrain was a step forward in results compared to Australia, Gasly was still not happy with how the Sakhir race unfolded.

5. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Daniel Ricciardo believes Renault’s 2019 attempts are not “a million miles off”, but improvements are still needed.

The team were looking to build on their best-of-the-rest status, but 2019 has got off to a woeful start with Ricciardo retiring in his home race, before both he and Nico Hulkenberg retired at the same time late in the Bahrain GP.

Both drivers are also without a Q3 appearance this season, but Ricciardo argues the Renault power unit has made some progress.

“It is early days but so far the power unit has come… not a long way, but it is definitely improved – so that is one big aspect,” Ricciardo told Fox Sports Australia.

“The chassis itself, I was kind of warned a bit prior to driving the car that it did suffer a bit with ride and bumps and curbs – for sure it is an area that can be improved but I don’t think it is a million miles off.

“Already, by the sounds of it, it is quite a bit better from what it was last year, from what Nico says.”

Ricciardo has admitted to “overdriving” the car at times, but hopes a planned upgrade for China will bring a change of fortunes.

“A few upgrades, developments that we will have, one probably in China and maybe another in the next few races, that as well will help bring the car closer,” Ricciardo added.

“That is where lap time is in F1, the rear grip, then to carry the speed in, and that is where for the most part of me driving this car so far, I’m carrying that speed in hoping and expecting that the grip is there and ability then it is not, and I am losing my exits.

“So there are some areas which could help that which we should get soon. I’m optimistic, there is a lot of room for growth.”

https://www.planetf1.com/news/renault-not-a-million-miles-off-says-ricciardo/

6. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Wow, 1,000 F1 races.

7. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    At least Renault is consistent--just 5 laps short.
    Conspiracy theorists: was Danny Ricc advised to leave the steering wheel unattached so that the race would end under the safety car?

8. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    He said he was told there was risk of electrocution so after jumping out of the car thought "yeah, I know I must put the steering wheel back on, but **** it, I´m not gonna touch that thing".

Mbutner, stavura, G. Pepper and 2 others like this.
  9. PDX_214

PDX_214 Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    J
    They have zero to gain from finishing under SC once both their cars were out. If it was Hulk that was having issues and dropping instead of Lec then yeah I could see that but he was out too. I don't see them helping Ferrari just because they felt like nice guys...

10. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    I was thinking more that Abiteboul was sticking it to Red Bull and keeping them off the podium.

Jeronimo GTO and Nortonious like this.
  11. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    It crossed my mind as well.

12. 275gtb6c

275gtb6c Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2006
    europe
    Full Name:
    oscar
    But that would have requested smart, clever ánd fast thinking and according to me not one of Abiteboul‘s best talents.....

Ciao
    Oscar

G. Pepper likes this.
  13. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    stavura, subirg, Nortonious and 4 others like this.
  14. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I'm a Krug man myself, but wouldn't mind giving Carbon a try! :)

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  15. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
  16. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    If I see more, will post more.

crinoid likes this.
  17. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Bas likes this.
  18. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    He's making his mark on F1. Too bad it is on the racetrack walls!

Bas and Remy Zero like this.
  19. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  20. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Interesting tyre choices... At first glance it looks like Ferrari is worried it will be harder on the tyres than most other teams. It also looks like McLaren are predicting the least tyre wear and have gone all in with the softs.

Surely this is Ferrari's race??? Surely...?

Remy Zero likes this.
  21. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Based on the 1000 f1 races official poster above... i certainly hope so. :p

22. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  23. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Red China likes Red Cars I suppose.

That poster made me think of a bowl of Cheerios. Maybe I should have some sustenance soon.

daytona355 likes this.
  24. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    daytona355, Mbutner and 375+ like this.
  25. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006