News

Cigar and Champagne Suggestions for my Air Force buddy

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by GTHill, Apr 23, 2009.

1. GTHill

GTHill Moderator
    Moderator Rossa Subscribed Social Subscribed Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    A friend of mine, essentially a brother, just got back from Iraq. He has a baby girl imminent and asked me for suggestions on a nice champagne and cigars to celebrate the occasion. Well, I have no idea, but I knew where I could turn for the answer! His budget is under $400. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

GT

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. darth550

darth550 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Drinks for a crowd and a whole box of cigars to pass out or something special for himself and one other? I know when my son was born, I opened a bottle of Macallen 1874! For me, that kind of occasion called for the absolute best! He can spend a few hundred bucks on a couple pre-embargo Cubans for he and his dad and the rest on a bottle of Dom P or he can get a case of Asti Spumante and bunch of El Productos. :)

Parameters?

4. chris marsh

chris marsh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2005
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Chris Marsh
    Schramsberg Champagne, I once heard every toast ever given by an american President has been with Schramsberg. I doubt that is true since they were founded in the 1860's.

IIRC it's about $40 bottle.

http://www.schramsberg.com/story/jschram.html

5. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
  6. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John Fanning
    #5 JP365, Apr 23, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
    If it has to be Champagne from the region, go with Veuve Clicquot Brut Yellow Label @ $30.00-$40.00 per bottle. If the Spanish version of Champagne (cava) works, German Gilabert is great at $14.00-$18.00 per bottle. As for cigars, if your friend isn't really a cigar smoker, Diana Silvius are very smooth and run between $150.00 and $200.00 per box depending on size. If you friend wants something with a little more Punch (bad joke) Punch makes great cigars and dreadful cigars depending on the price $50.00-$200.00 per box depending on size. Punch cigars are strong but I happen to like maduros so they never bother me. If you want to spend a wee bit more get some Ashton Maduros or Davidoff Classics both start around $250.00 per box. A combination of the previous listed champagnes and cigars will keep you under $400.00 Best of luck!

7. To remove this ad click here.