Clifford alarm ignition kill problem? | FerrariChat

Clifford alarm ignition kill problem?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by pnorman, Feb 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pnorman

pnorman Rookie

Dec 30, 2003
    Has anyone had a problem with a Clifford alarm stuck in the ignition kill mode even though it appears to be disarmed? My starter kill will deactivate with the remote but I have an firing problem that might be related to the alarm system. I've tested everything else...Patrick

2. mcmurb

mcmurb Rookie

Nov 10, 2003
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Bart McMurry
    Yes. I too have a clifford (sorry can't remeber the model am at work) on my 90 TR and when the car is not driven for awhile (2 weeks or so) adn the battery gets low, the brain seems to "reset" somehow and my ignition will not work consistently. I have had the starter motor replaced last year but suspect that the real problem was the alarm, not the motor. I am going to take the car back to the alarm install guys and have them hook their computer back up to the thing and check it out. Please share any info you find out.

3. MMechling

MMechling Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Atlanta GA
    I had one fry teh circuit board on an 87 328GTS - the POS is gone now.

4. pnorman

pnorman Rookie

Dec 30, 2003
    Looks like my problem was one of the engine connectors. Even though it looked clean, I sprayed it with electrical cleaner and my voltage at the coils went from 10.5 volts to 12.3. Now the car is starting,running and restarting fine. Let's hope it stays that way concidering how much time I spent diagnosing the problem...Patrick