News

Clutch disk relining

Discussion in '348/355' started by Bucci, Jul 28, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Bucci

Bucci Rookie

Jan 5, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mark Bucci
    Wher is the best place to get 348 disk reclined or new ones?

2. Ferrarium

Ferrarium Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    If you google "clutch plate relining" you will generally find places in your area or at least a state away. You can buy them at AW Italian, Ricambi, Superformance etc just about everywhere.

3. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    I had a bad re-lining experience and had to do the job over. I suggest you just buy the disc from a supplier.

fboutlaw and tbakowsky like this.
  4. Bucci

Bucci Rookie

Jan 5, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mark Bucci
    Yes found plenty. After looking at paperwork it appears clutch was replaced at 60k so I am wondering if the slippage I have in 5 TH gear is due to triple seal As I have a little showing up in inspection plate. Gonna year it apart and measure disks.

5. KevZep

KevZep Karting

Feb 17, 2020
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Kevin Bennett
    If you can see any oil on the grille at the bottom of the Pumpkin, then there will be oil on your clutch plate due to the triple seals leaking.
    I would do the seals on the throw out bearing as well whilst you're in there too.
    Mine wasn't too bad and I was able to clean my clutch plate up using brake clean, and I had to clean and de-glaze the pressure plate and flywheel, I replaced the triple seals and replaced the throw out bearing seals too, 3,000km later my clutch is perfect.
    You can just buy the clutch plate on its own if there is too much oil on it...they are not too bad of a price.
    Are you a twin plate or single plate?

6. Bucci

Bucci Rookie

Jan 5, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mark Bucci
    Twin. Just talked to previous owner and he said he did triple seals so it looks like I’ll be doing it again just to be sure.

7. fatbillybob

fatbillybob F1 World Champ
    Owner Consultant

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    There is a great place about 15 miles from me.

8. fatbillybob

fatbillybob F1 World Champ
    Owner Consultant

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    That's because the clutch guys breath too much clutch dust and got brain damage. We are talking giant idiots! I tell them the spec. I arrive with my calipers. Spec wrong. I tell them to do it again. This is how it works!

9. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    The problem was I installed them and within 50 miles the clutch disc broke into five pieces locking up the gearbox. Car had to be towed, and redone, and ...

I have never had a problem with a new disc bought from any of the good supplier like Ricambi or GT. So, as a professional, I just buy new ones now.