488 - Collected the 488 Spider | FerrariChat

488 Collected the 488 Spider

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by martisracing, Mar 12, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. martisracing

martisracing Karting

Nov 2, 2011
    Northamptonshire, UK
    After having sold my Speciale and 458 Spider I succumbed to getting a 9 month old 488 Spider as my Pista will not arrive until next year. The car had only done 180 miles so basically a brand new car. It saved me around £40k from what it cost when new. Here are some pictures of me collecting it yesterday.
    It is finished in rosso Scuderia, has every bit of external carbon and has the 2 tone black roof option. the interior has the leather/Alcantara option and again it has all the carbon options including the carbon upper tunnel trim.
    in the 100 mile drive home (in the sunshine with the roof down) I was amazed how much more refined it was than the old 458 Spider.
    Still running it in for the next couple of hundred miles but even so can see it is far more responsive than the old 458.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Surfah, FFan5 and bretty2901 like this.
  2. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Are you OK with the sound? You had the best sounding cars before, according to many. Car looks great.

3. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    180 miles? You do realize that you just added nearly 56% to the car's odometer! :D

Nice rig! Enjoy in health!

4. martisracing

martisracing Karting

Nov 2, 2011
    Northamptonshire, UK
    I have to say in my opinion it sounds ok. The 458 screams at high rpm but in the real world you never really drive like that so it is not something that I will miss. At lower rpm it still sounds good. The car will get used for touring trips around Europe so am more concerned about the real world performance than the exhaust sound at maximum attack. As I said in the original post I was impressed how much better the car was than the 458. In fact I found on longer trips the way the exhaust valves kept opening and shutting on the 458 around 80mph became a bit annoying after a while.

wrs and Viperjoe like this.
  5. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Congratulations! Rosso Scuderia exterior?