Collector Market Opinion | FerrariChat

Collector Market Opinion

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by sherrillt, May 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
  2. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    An EB110, one of my faves from the era (I arranged a private tour of the factory that my sister-in-law sunk the day of the tour) but maintenance and parts costs/availability would scare the Bejesus out of me. IMO this is a main draw to the aircooled Porsche craze which is out of control.

Jo Sta7 and Isobel like this.
  3. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    I thought it was humorous to define young collectors as “collectors in their early 40s through mid-50s”...what about the guys I see in their 20s-30s are they infants :)

4. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    calling guys in their 40s and 50s 'young guys' was the best part of the article!

5. alum04org

alum04org F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2009
    Plymouth, MI
    I agree with you guys - I read it and thought same.

I think this is a very good point. Prices on Bring a Trailer have been beyond "out of control." $150K for an early 1960's 356? Just one example - many more.
    Potential exists for some hurt collectors, I believe.

Isobel likes this.
  6. gtjoey

gtjoey Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2014
    Go to Hershey, Pebble or Amelia........the average age is a hair younger than the Rolls Royce meets about 87 years old.
    There is no one under 40 years old statistically.
    Look Id be considered the last baby boomer at a tender age of ............but
    My kids and my friends kids have zero interest. Its an old debate that finally has come to be..
    We will enjoy our gasoline cars and fade away , The air cooled cars are dropping like a rock because of the over heat,BUT because THAT age group is at the peak mid late 60's they are still kind of high.
    They have the money and its there period....of car.
    I prefer a 356 but its an older ride, its what you like....
    You know what AMERICAN 1940's 1950's ....nothing.