Comfort seats replaced for racing seats, steering column won’t adjust | FerrariChat

Comfort seats replaced for racing seats, steering column won’t adjust

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by RaeGun, Jan 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RaeGun

RaeGun Rookie

Jan 5, 2019
    Sacramento, CA
    I’m new to the forum and to the Ferrari family. I recently swapped out my Daytona comfort seats on a 2010 458 Italia for the OEM racing seats. The original comfort seats were full electric with memory function. Steering column toggle now no longer works. When racing seats were first installed, I tried to adjust column and no matter what direction I toggled the switch, the steering wheel would just retract. I kept trying and it just kept retracting a bit each time I toggled the switch until it was fully retracted. Now it won’t budge. I can hear a noise when I move the toggle so there is current. An old thread was posted a few years ago regarding this problem without a clear cut resolution outlined. So, does anyone out there have a suggestion or know of a solution to get the steering column toggle to function again?