Coming to the experts...F50 input needed | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Coming to the experts...F50 input needed

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by kaoss, Jun 23, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kaoss

kaoss Formula 3

Jul 29, 2006
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    KAOSS
    I have Vin, photos, miles and researching service history now...car is on the west coast and so far, it appears to be legit. And, one owner. Can't say more than that until we get further along, but I will post details once everything is completed....and as promised, if it turns out to be a story car, I will bow down and say y'all were right. Promise is a promise.

2. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Sounds like someone's going to be bowing to someone ... ha ha! :) I'm assuming that the final sales price - with all commissions paid - will be $700k+?

3. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #53 joe sackey, Jun 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
    Kevin: I don't think any of us should doubt your word without cause.

However, I think the part that some might be having trouble with is the combination of a one-owner, low mileage F50 that is "below $700k" AND with "all services up to date, no stories, no accidents, no paintwork". Personally I generally wait till the sale is completed before saying anything on a public forum, and with certain transactions, I simply never even disclose them, for obvious reasons.

However, we have to give you the benefit of the doubt, and if all this is correct, I tip my hat to you, as you will have scored for your client with what should be the ultimate goal of all of us in the business.

4. kaoss

kaoss Formula 3

Jul 29, 2006
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    KAOSS
    If this comes together as it appears to be thus far, then the final sales price will be -$700...we're not greedy and do not need 30-40k profit on a car like this to feel good about the deal...our savings get passed on to the buyer and we make a small profit. No need for a knock out of the park home run on something like this...but so far, everything looks good on the car. Service history is coming over via e-mail later tonight. Will post info as soon as we are done!

5. kaoss

kaoss Formula 3

Jul 29, 2006
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    KAOSS
    Thanks Joe...however I'll correct some portions for those having trouble...it IS a one owner car, no question to that. The car is lower mileage, but as I said, "not over the top"...not sure by what standards we measure "higher mileage or lower mileage" F50's but this one is more than a 9k mile car...so I lean towards an average amount of miles....All services are claimed to be up to date, which I will verify via service records tonight. The car has NOT had the fuel cell recall performed. It has NOT had any paintwork or accidents. There are no stories attached to this one that I have been able to find as of yet, however, perhaps when I get closer to completing the transaction, I'll send you the VIN and you can verify for yourself. As stated in an earlier post, the price is below $700k to both us AND the buyer. WIll update more as things progress.

6. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Thanks Kevin, all in good time...

7. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Kevin - Any information or an update on the F50?

8. cicatrix

cicatrix Karting

Sep 9, 2005
    USA 1
    yes, we need some validation.

9. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Was the fuel cell issue really a "recall"?
    I thought it was just periodic maintenance due to aging of the (urethane?) bladder.

PM to Kevin - RE: FAA certified custom bladders as alternative