Congrats William! | FerrariChat

Congrats William!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Eilig, Dec 11, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Hear here!!

Just had time to read my new Prancing Horse magazine last night, and noticed a very nice write-up and pic of Williams 512TR race car. Congrats William!

Also please keep us posted on the upgrades you mentioned in the magazine. You mention a horsepower increase may be part of the future plan. Just curious... what modifications will be involved in order to achieve said horsepower?

Again congrats. The car looks great.

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I thought it was great, but I kept expecting the article to end in "and I want you to allow me to participate in FCA track days and concours", but I never saw that. :)

3. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Next thing I need to do is find a spare transmission and rebuild it with Hewland gears & titanium shafts. Once the trans is hardened, I'll feel safer increasing the hp. I'd like to get a spare engine as well, a 512M engine that laready has titanium conn rods would be a great starting point. with an M engine we might change the pistons & cams to make it more aggressive, its already got the Motec ignition system & no cats or mufflers, She is LOUD!!! :) But she doesnt sound as mean as my friend Bob Coates BBLM. I'll have to talk to the mechanics & see what else they have in mind. I want to keep it fairly reliable bcus I dont want to break the bank on maintenance, I'd rather be driving wheels off it rather than rebuilding it all the dam time

4. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Brilliant! Any video clip you can post so we can all hear what she sounds like??

Puh-lease!!??

5. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Video will have to wait till this summer, sorry. I have no problems getting the car on the track with the FCA or FOC. I'll be getting her some real race history this summer as well :)

6. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I tried to scan the articles but my scanner isn't happy, Can some1 upload them ?

7. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Here you go, congrats William!
    Source: The Prancing Horse, #149

PS: I'm with you on the silicone thing.

8. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    William,

Saw that last night also. Awesome! :)

-Augustine

9. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Thanks guys :)

10. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

sweet - nice job Will!

11. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny

I'll get some good video of the monster this summer, don't worry.