Constant beeping noise. | FerrariChat

Constant beeping noise.

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by FFFES15, Jul 22, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FFFES15

FFFES15 Rookie

Jun 9, 2017
    I ran the battery down on my 2015 458 Spider.
    Got the battery recharged. Car started. All systems good. No fault signals on the either display. Except I have a beeping sound that comes on regardless of key in or out. Ignition on or off. Doors locked or not. The only way to turn off, is to open or close passenger door.
    Any ideas what could going wrong for this beeping alarm to stay on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    Got a video?

3. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Try disconnecting the battery for several minutes. Then kill a chicken and drizzle blood all around the garage (chanting is optional). Reconnect the battery... I'm only half joking. This could work :)

4. FFFES15

FFFES15 Rookie

Jun 9, 2017
    Disconnected the battery for few seconds. Beeping stopped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I guess the chicken part isn't always necessary...but it makes the process more entertaining and mysterious :-j

Rbwiii likes this.
  6. 458trofeo

458trofeo F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2013
    City of Angels
    Full Name:
    101 aki
    :D xoxoxoxo

7. TEZZA

TEZZA Rookie

Jan 27, 2015
    Brisbane Australia
    Full Name:
    Tezza
    I have this happening in a F430.
    I have isolated the battery for 2 days. No better,
    It is coming from behind the speedo.
    I have seen many questions on this but no real answers.

8. SoFLFerrari

SoFLFerrari Karting

Apr 23, 2015
    South FL
    This happen sometimes when the battery has been disconnected (or discharged) and the car is not allowed to fully boot-up before being driven. A reset usually solves the problem.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. TEZZA

TEZZA Rookie

Jan 27, 2015
    Brisbane Australia
    Full Name:
    Tezza
    F430 Coupe.2008 model. 20,000km.
    Well I have some progress on this but not a result.
    Mine would beep 24/7 turned off or on.
    Beep with driver door open or closed.
    The beep is from an alarm behind the instruments.

I have done all the disconnect the battery routine Turn it off in reverse a few times.Tried the Chicken blood sacrifice ceremony and the prayer mat. Nothing works.
    I dismantled the drivers door. Removed the latch and found it dry and stiff.
    Drowned it in WD 40 and exercised it and it was a lot better. Put it all back together and the beeping was gone with the door closed but started up when the door was open. The next morning I came down to work on it and I opened the door. No beeping. Put the key in the ignition and turned to start. No beeping.
    I thought "fantastic". But then after about 3 minutes this very feint tapping sound started up which morphed into a very weak beeping and progressed into a very loud beep. If you turned off the ignition and closed the door it stopped. So the door catch was part of it, but not all of it. BTW the latch is a crappy old Lancia part.
    I worked my way through the fuses and nothing obvious.
    The car has been in its garage for 5 days (not on the charger) and I took it out today and no beeping. But after about 5 minutes the tapping/light beep/full beep returned.
    I think this is part of a fault in the alarm system as the morning it started the alarm went off for no reason.. My car electrics guy says there is probably a back-up battery in the alarm system (factory fitted) and that could be dying. I have given up on this and are going to give the car to my Auto Electrician to chase it as I am out of ideas.

10. 07jag

07jag Rookie

Feb 4, 2018
    south Jersey US
    Full Name:
    Chris Ferrari
    07 F430. Mine started last week. Tried the disconnect battery trick and it stopped but I think only temporary. Has anyone had any success?
    Thank You