Correct underpanel black paint?

Discussion in '348/355' started by Carmellini, Nov 26, 2019.

  1. Carmellini

    Carmellini Formula Junior

    Jul 16, 2019
    Does anyone know what type of paint is used for the matte/low gloss black that is found under the hood, front door jambs, behind the rear panel/challenge grille etc. seems to be very durable and unique in finish? enamel, poly, acrylic, epoxy? hoping some will know exact type, brand, paint code? I could use something from Wurth or SEM, but would prefer to replicate the proper finish.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

  3. carnutdallas

    carnutdallas Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

    Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    I can promise you this: it is cheap, rolled or brushed on in some cases and seems to be enamel. Braden should know for sure.

    Hard for me to know actual material content, but I do know it is not a high quality Wurth or Sem product I know of. Good luck.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. markcF355

    markcF355 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

    Jun 6, 2004
    Full Name:

Share This Page