News

Corvette C8 over used 458???

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by PA Wolfpacker, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Floydison

Floydison Karting

Dec 25, 2016
    I would look at it like this, if you are planning on keeping the car for awhile:

In 4 years, you walk into your garage. What would you rather see? A Ferrari 458, or a 4 year old Corvette?

If the answer is Vette then great, get it.. but the answer for me isn't Vette :)

2. dustman

dustman F1 Rookie

Jun 12, 2007
    Track toy, Vette.
    Otherwise, Ferrari.
    To discount it simply as a vette is seriously flawed thinking.

Phil~ and Chizz like this.
  3. G. Pepper

G. Pepper F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I'm not interested in the C8 as a track toy - though I live less than an hour from COTA and would surely take it there - I'm interested in a sporty touring car with lower operating costs that could be repaired virtually anywhere I might need service in the US. Plus, it has enough cargo space that I could take a girl along with me, which the 360 absolutely does not. I'd have to get into at least a 612 to duplicate the C8's touring abilities, and I'd still have service anxiety to deal with. Yes, the FF would be better, but try as I might, I just don't love it.

PA Wolfpacker and Caeruleus11 like this.
  4. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    I respect your opinion but at the end of the day it is not a “Ferrari!” You know what I mean? It is just the latest iteration of a mass produced car that just about anyone can have. It will be a novelty initially but like all other new corvettes it will become ubiquitous. Every time I see a F-car I’m breaking my neck. Can’t remember being mildly attracted to a corvette.

5. G. Pepper

G. Pepper F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    If you respected my opinion, you wouldn't have said anything.

Lagunascorpio likes this.
  6. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    I do but I have one as well.

AD211 likes this.
  7. G. Pepper

G. Pepper F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    My comment made clear that I don't care about any of the issues you raised. They are no factor in my wanting a C8, which you knew very well.

You can always keep your opinions to yourself. I do it all the time, because I respect differing opinions. You don't.

8. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    Gotcha. Enjoy your C8.

AD211 likes this.
  9. G. Pepper

G. Pepper F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I will. Just as I enjoyed my 456M, and as I continue to enjoy my 308 and 360. The C8 will replace my 308 as a more versatile touring car, which was the point of my original comment.

Chizz likes this.
  10. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    That’s an enviable garage, George! Keep enjoying all of them in good health!

Kind regards,

Nuno.

DRYHOLE and G. Pepper like this.
  11. Craigy

Craigy Formula 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Craigy
    That's sort of like asking "if you walked into your garage, would you rather see $40,000 in cash, or $120,000 in cash."

I think the vette buyer, to whom a 458 appeals, will be trading in that vette on the z06 before that four years is up.

And the long-term vette owner is usually more value-conscious probably wouldn't be interested in owning something like a 458, even if it was affordable.

For what that's worth... :D

PA Wolfpacker likes this.