COTA this week | Page 2 | FerrariChat

COTA this week

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by Gh21631, Feb 14, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    I plan to run in the blue group with an instructor. Being from FL, everything I’ve run to date has been pancake flat, relatively speaking. So yes, I’ll be on my guard. Thanks!

2. treynor

treynor Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Just got back from this weekend's COTA event. What a blast. The Modificata is ... a monster.

Here's the VBOX from the Sunday AM session. There are still some places to clean up, but... on the whole, pretty good laps. And again, Ferrari has built an absolute monster.

Thecadster, MoCult, wthensler and 2 others like this.
  3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East

Ben, you and I met at the R3 tent. I was running Club in the 299 car. Your Modificata is most definitely a monster. Without watching the video, dd you hot 2:04's? Best I had going was a 2:14, just too much traffic to get a better time. I hope to see you in Daytona as well. -G

4. treynor

treynor Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Mid 2:03s on Sunday. And yes, I remember - congrats, :14s in a challenge car is hustling, particularly with traffic.

Gh21631 likes this.
  5. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Just watched your video, I will try to post mine up for comparison. Paying attention to the gears your are in at certain spots vs. the Challenge car is night and day. There is no chance I could get to 2nd gear in some of those corners and certainly not 1st like you did in that 2:03 lap. The car would just spin. Also your top speed on each long straight is about 10mph or so faster. Thank you for posting, this really puts things into perspective. Great driving by the way, super smooth, no drama.

wthensler likes this.