Countach Ancillaries Thread | FerrariChat

Countach Ancillaries Thread

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Rossocorsa1, Jul 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Many of you know of and contributed to my Countach tool kit thread:

https://www.lamborghinichat.com/forum/threads/countach-tool-kit-thread.592651/

Additionally, I have spent a considerable amount of time over the past three years researching precisely what original and correct ancillaries were included with Countach's from the factory. I am specifically referring to the following:

- Key sets
    - Manuals pouch
    - Owners manual
    - Warranty/maintenance book
    - Dealer directory booklet (certain early models)
    - Locking gas cap
    - Stereo's/speakers
    - Stereo manuals (owners, installation, parts, warranty cards, etc.)

Unlike tool kits, there seems to be a very recognizable and consistent pattern to what ancillary items were included with each variant. Again, as an owner who’s extremely focused on factory originality and presenting my car at top concours d’elegace, having all the correct components are important to me. This thread is meant to be a resource for learning. As is common and well understood in the Ferrari community, I feel it's very important that we acknowledge a base of standardization for these details as these cars age and their values rise. I will gladly present as much info as I have on the topic and I hope to expand my understanding from others through photos and knowledge. Given that I am an owner of a 1985 Quattrovalvole carbonated model, I will primarily present what I know about that variant, but I strongly encourage owners of other Countach's to actively post on this thread as well.

2. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    #2 Rossocorsa1, Jul 19, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2022
    Ignition Keys:

As I said earlier, most of the details that I will post will primarily be about the QV variant because that is what I personally know about.

The QV ignition switch box was made by a parts manufacturer named “Sipea”. The QV ignition box (serial number #50550) was a commonly found part on many Italian cars. All the ignition keys for the Sipea 50550 during the years the QV was produced have black rubber/plastic oval shaped heads. Interestingly, depending on the manufacturer, these keys had different stamping on them( Fiat, etc.). Still, for the Countach QV, there seems to be only two types of stamping variants.

1 - Has the Sipea logo on one side with a blank raised bar underneath it

2 - Has the Sipea logo on one side with the words “LIC NEIMAN” underneath

3 - Both Variations are totally blank on the flip side

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

joe sackey likes this.
  3. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    #3 Rossocorsa1, Jul 19, 2020
    Interestingly, during Anniversario production, the oval head seems to have changed to a new shape (second photo courtesy of ttforcefed). It would be great if other Anniversario owners, and owners of earlier variants can post images of their original ignition keys.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    #4 Rossocorsa1, Jul 19, 2020
    Door Lock Keys

During QV production there seems to also be two variants of door lock keys. Both keys are gun shaped with a macro waffle pattern on both sides, with the following differences:

1 - One side has “FIAT” stamped and the flip side has “TORINO” and “FIST” stamped

2 - The other version has only the waffle print on both side with no other stamping

Again, please post images of your keys noting the year and variant (original production keys only, please).

Tu160bomber likes this.
  5. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    #5 Rossocorsa1, Jul 19, 2020
    Locking Gas Cap and Keys

The QV came with a locking gas cap.

1 - This style seems most common, with a small grey “FIST” logo on the top. There were two versions of keys with this cap - one with black plastic heads (photos 1-4) and the other just metal (photos 5-9). Both versions have the FIST logo on them

2 - This other version seems fairly prevalent as well. I was skeptical that this cap was an original piece, but more than a few Countach owners insist theirs is original. It also is the replacement cap that can be ordered today at Lamborghini dealers (last photo). Given the difference of the underside, it would suggest these were produced at different times.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Tu160bomber likes this.
  6. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    #6 Rossocorsa1, Jul 19, 2020
    Tu160bomber and joe sackey like this.
  7. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    #7 Rossocorsa1, Jul 19, 2020
    Manuals Pouch

Pictured below is my manuals pouch. It has a fascinating pattern of black and subtle grayish tones. The QV has a remarkable assortment of different pouches throughout its production. I have seen no less than a dozen varieties, some rather simple, other very unique, all beautiful.

To my knowledge, all QV’s came with a lower right corner “Nuova Lamborghini” patch on the cover. “Nuova” was the name during the Mimran era. It was dropped when Chrysler purchased the company.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Tu160bomber likes this.
  8. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    #11 Ellagirl, Jul 21, 2020
  9. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
  10. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    no. i do not

11. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    In my opinion, for regular use, it’s best to have a non-locking cap like yours, and to preserve the original locking caps for special occasions (shows, events). The correct caps that I showed above are rare, expensive and the locking mechanism on them isn’t very reliable. That said, they are available if anyone is interested in acquiring one.

12. It looks like mine.

13. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    #17 Rossocorsa1, Jul 22, 2020
    Ancellaries for a US 25th Anniversario. Again, note the shape of the black ignition key heads - a departure from the earlier QV. Also worth noting is the different style leather manuals pouch which was a departure from the style found on QV.

14. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Sure would be nice if owners of other variants could contribute for the overall good with information and photos of the following:

- Key sets
    - Manuals pouch
    - Owners manual
    - Warranty/maintenance book
    - Dealer directory booklet (certain early models)
    - Locking gas cap
    - Stereo's/speakers
    - Stereo manuals (owners, installation, parts, warranty cards, etc.)

15. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    #20 Rossocorsa1, Jul 25, 2020
  16. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    #21 Rossocorsa1, Jul 25, 2020
    EarlyCat likes this.
  17. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    #22 Rossocorsa1, Jul 25, 2020
    Another fact that many miss unless they really pay close attention, Lamborghini continued to use the same LP400S image on the cover of all their Countach variant manuals, until the 25th Anniversario, but they did use a photo of the US version on the cover of the US supplement.

18. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    #23 Rossocorsa1, Jul 25, 2020
    Included with the contents of the leather manuals pouch on early Countach variants was this yellow booklet containing a directory of global Lamborghini dealers and service centers. I would love to know how many of those listed in that booklet are still active today as authorized Lamborghini dealers, if any.

19. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    #24 Rossocorsa1, Jul 25, 2020
    A rarely seen complete set for an LP400, including the leather manuals pouch, owners manual, warranty/service manual and the dealers/service center directory booklet.

20. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    In Switzerland, none...