360 - Couple of pics of the Modena & 3,000 mile owner check in . | FerrariChat

360 Couple of pics of the Modena & 3,000 mile owner check in .

Discussion in '360/430' started by Tarek307, Feb 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    Avid Porsche guy here, bought my 2004 Modena in November to join the Porsche's , first Ferrari experience- I waited till i found a Gated 6 speed manual and found exactly what i was looking for. i was also looking for a "Driven" car not some garage queen with low miles that hasn't been driven and sooner or later all the common issues will still have to pop up on, so i went for what in the "Ferrari World" is considered higher miles, my Modena had 42,000 miles on it, but all services done, including new clutch & exhaust manifold etc..

I've had the car now about 4 months and its mainly been my daily driver, i've put 3,000 miles on it and i've had no issues daily driving it- the car is very forgiving if you take it easy on it- Anyone that says this car isn't suitable for daily driving (in warmer climates) don't know what they are talking about- I have the Challenge exhaust on it (valves rigged open) and its still civilized. I must say i'm super impressed with the car and love driving it.

The 360 still has a bit of that modern classic analog feel (especially that mine is a manual) so for me its exactly what i wanted. The car has been trouble free so far, i really have no complaints..its a great addition to the Porsches (Porsche being my #1 choice of course) i actually didn't think i'd keep the car this long, and i've had a few great offers from people that know me but i refuse to sell this one (at least for now)

The Cavallino has really got a little piece of my heart now. I plan on putting many more miles on this car, i'm not worried about keeping miles low, i bought it to enjoy it and drive it!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Sweet! Congrats! Its to learn from this forum, don't be a stranger

3. Texas Turbo

Texas Turbo Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Love your posts! In general I don't like the starfish wheels or black wheels (of any type) but the combo is great on your car. Kudos and keep on driving!!! (and posting)

4. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Great post. ....... you 'get it' ;)

I'd like to think I do too.

Please keep the updates coming.

HH11 likes this.
  5. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Beautiful car AND scenery. Looks like a great day for a drive! Thank you for sharing.

Kevin

6. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    Thanks all. I still don't understand how this Doug Demuro used to always bash this car and act as if it can't ever be driven daily..i guess that got him views. Believe me, i was very anti Ferrari & Lambo never thought i'd get one as i always thought they were "douchey" show off cars compared to Porsche ..so my review of the car is very how would i say "unbiased" it really surprised me

7. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    My Porsche buddies joke about my douchy car. Don’t understand the fixation of p car guys w feminine washing products -;

—— pardon me mods...... it’s what they say——/

8. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    Well, its almost a proven fact....lol, the Ferrari guys most of the time when they say lets go for a drive, they mean take the cars through beverly hills and hit rodeo drive, while the Porsche guys hit up the canyons and twisties ;) lol

cavlino and one4torque like this.
  9. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    I don't hang out with the rodeo drive f car people..... what am I doing wrong? LOL. Great car BTW!

10. Kitchdog

Kitchdog Karting

Jan 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Looks awesome mate, those higher mileage cars are some of the best they say!

11. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    Beautiful car man. I myself am a self proclaimed Porsche file but I am an FHead all the way now. I still love Porsche but for an experience the Ferrari can’t be beat. Just need to work harder so I can add a 911 to the Ferrari in the garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tarek307 likes this.
  12. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    Absolutely - and lets get real 40k miles on a 15 year old car really is nothing

cavlino, Dewinator and one4torque like this.
  13. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    I love both, however i feel much more confident during spirited driving in the 911, its just superb handling..the Ferrari is more straight line & sound. If i could only have one i'd stay German but thankfully rite now i can have Italiano & German ..I think the only Porsche that could give me same satisfaction i get from the F-CAR is a GT3 and those are ridiculous prices now for the manual ones.

cavlino likes this.
  14. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    The 996 GT3 is something you should sample if you haven't yet :)

When I had my Ferrari and I would hop in a friends 996 GT3 I would get out of it saying, now that is a Porsche I would consider letting the Ferrari go for. I eventually did that a few years later.

But I did get back into a 3 Pedal 360 again a few years after the 6 GT3 :)

Now I don't have either and I am cross shopping the 996 GT3 with the 3 Pedal 360.

There are pros and cons to both, main con for me on the Ferrari is the reaction from others, it wears on you after a while. The GT3 just blends in, you know its special but most others don't so you can drive it without all the stares/questions etc.

Congrats on your 3 Pedal Ferrari, they are wonderful machines.

ihavearedferrari likes this.
  15. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    Now i'm at 5k miles and just went in for oil change & complete check up & thankfully the car needed zero, zip , zilch..so i may say again so far 5k miles in 6 months and still nice & reliable.

16. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Drove my buddies gt3... not a big deal to me. Perhaps I don’t get it.

Glad the 360 is giving you good service. I’ll be 1 yr in mine in June.

17. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    little more fun today - except that i got nailed with my first speeding ticket in yeaaaars :( oh well, police doing their job & they were cool. It was a "Sting" at Palos verdes mountain, usually i do one pass first going up this one street to make sure no cops, but this time i just got on it rite away & they were waiting..
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Do you run some sort of radar laser detection?

19. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    Nope, i've always thought these radar detectors were annoying because they always beep lol, i guess i need to start looking into this

20. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    It’s a double edge sword—-

You are likely to get a ticket if you get pulled w a radar det on your dash.

But I like the pc of mind—- great protect for any lazy leo’s W ka band constant on...

21. ihavearedferrari

ihavearedferrari F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2007
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Adam
    try using waze, its pretty good for this kind of stuff.

22. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    Saw your car on fb 360/430 club, looks fantastic!

I used to be in your camp with loud all the time until recently, I challenge you to run it WITH the valves working.

I found having them kicking open and closed gives a nice satisfying pop when your driving.

On my car equipped with the $10k futuristic F1 option (heehee) and the CS TCU, it blips the valves open and rev matches on the downshifts when in race mode :)

23. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    ya i usually use waze, i was just careless that day :(

24. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    when i bought it it had the valves set to normal settings & the car just didn't impress me as it does now- valves open is way to leave it for me